Windows Stop Messages: BSoD on installation

Cybersaiyan

Jul 14, 2006
Hi all, been lurking around the forums for a few years now but haven't really posted. I offered to build my friend a rig lately somewhat modelled after the TH's 4.1 GHz rig. The thing is, after powering it on and trying to install Windows XP Pro, I get BSOD upon completion of windows loading the kernal,scsi, etc etc

STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE

that's the message I get when I try to install it. I googled around a bit and it said maybe perhaps something to do with my hard drive.... but it's a brand new one. The only thing I could think of is that when I go into BIOS, it doesn't detect any IDE's, but during the scan it finds both the DVD+/-RW and the seagate drive. Anyone that could shed some light into this mystery would be greatly appreciated. I've listed my specs below for those who need it. Thanks in advance!

Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 533MHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual Core,EM64T Processor
ASUS P5LD2-VM ATX Intel Motherboard
OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5400)
XFX Geforce GeForce 7900 GT EXTREME (520MHz) 256MB PV-T71G-UDE7 Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Card
ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm
Seagate 7200RPM 16MB Cache PATA 250 GB Hard Drive
LITE-ON 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model SHW160P6S05
RAIDMAX X1 ATX-909WB Black/ Silver Computer Case

LiLithTecH

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2002
How do you have the drive jumpered (CABLE SELECT or MASTER)?

If it is Cable Select, and there is NO other drive on that IDE channel, you
may want to try setting it to Master.

Or if it is set to Master, try Cable Select.

Cybersaiyan

Jul 14, 2006
I have the computer set up in cable select, the black connector to the hard drive and grey to the DVD drive. If I set the jumper to master I cannot have a slave drive then I believe? The mobo only supports 1 IDE connector. Any other ideas?

waitman

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2002
Why can't you set the HDD to Primary master and the dvd drive to primary slave ? Guess I'm confused.

Cybersaiyan

Jul 14, 2006
yeah that's how I have it set up right now... at least with cable select... the black to the HDD and the grey to the DVD

I tried reformatting the HDD on another computer, even installing a barebones version of windows on it but that had some hardware complications with the rig i built my friend so it's not even loading into windows properly. Anyone have any ideas?

beggerking

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2006
Try use a seperate IDE channel for your dvd drive. set both to master.
set auto detect in bios.
set boot from dvd/CD drive.