Windows server 2016 and dentrix in a vm running 2003

Dthomas

Nov 27, 2018
Does anyone know if there is a workaround for dexis on dentrix g7? Specs: denoptics psp, dentrix image 5.1, dentrix g7, server is 2016 standard, work stations i5 windows 10 pro. I would like to run image 5.1 and an older version of dentrix on a vm on the server, maybe 2003. Is this possible? If so, how? My reason for doing this is to avoid paying over 5000 to dexis to simply integrate with dentrix for hardware and software i already have. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Dthomas

Nov 27, 2018
Thanks. I know i can set the software up as described, dentrix image uses a vipersoft file system and can only be extracted through dentrix. My concern is running different versions of dentrix

Dthomas

Nov 27, 2018
Thanks, I looked at that thread, it doesn't address the difference in using different dentrix versions. My big issue is how far back in dentrix can you go and still interface with g7

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
I think I start to understand what you are asking now. You have a old server software (Dentrix Image 5.1 ?) and an new client software Dentrix G7? and you want to interface the new client software to old server software?

If that's the case, I'll have to say it's not possible. The new client software absolutely will have new info, new data fields that old server does not have. Errors will definitely occur even if data path remains the same.

Last edited:

Dthomas

Nov 27, 2018
I think I start to understand what you are asking now. You have a old server software (Dentrix Image 5.1 ?) and an new client software Dentrix G7? and you want to interface the new client software to old server software?

If that's the case, I'll have to say it's not possible. The new client software absolutely will have new info, new data fields that old server does not have. Errors will definitely occur even if data path remains the same.
Thanks for helping. It's my fault for not being more specific. sales@onsitedentalsystems