• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Windows media player 7: Is it my imagination or...

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Can you not fastforward through or change the current position within an asf file? Just when I was starting to like this new piece of Microbloat, too.... :(

hubbs

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2000
Media Player 7 is horrible. I can't believe anyone even STARTED to like it.

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Pretender...

I thought it was just because it's a free version. But it also does that to me for MPEG files... I think?

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
WMP 7.0 is a lot better than Real Player...and some other junk I tried. I was wondering if you could fast foward through .asf's as well...were you watching that McLaren F1 video?

Paul

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I can move through MPEG files fine.

I guess I'll just uninstall WMP 7...I just realized it's quite slow sometimes, and having to wait for 10 minutes just to see 1 part of a movie is annoying.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000

<< I was wondering if you could fast foward through .asf's as well...were you watching that McLaren F1 video? >>

That's EXACTLY what I was trying to do, but couldn't (wanted to watch that fine car get its groove on :)). It also happened for other asf's I've had. I know WMP 6 used to do it fine, so it's not the .asf files. Maybe it's a beta version error, maybe it's one of Microsoft's new features to 'revolutionize our lives', but either way I'm starting to dislike it.

cfredc

Jul 19, 2000
Im having problems with wma... it says i cant open up a file because there isnt enough memory... and that's not true... i have tons.... anybody have the answer to this?... other than fvsk it?

ASK THE COMMUNITY