Windows loading is long w/ Core 2 Duo

vhx

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2006
So I built this computer back in august and now my Windows loads extremely slow. I'm aware of the msconfig and looking at what starts up first but nothing really looks like it's taking a long time. Most are just basic programs (mouse, keyboard support, etc) It actually seems to load as fast as my old XP 2100+

Is there any program that will list all the processes that load when windows is loading and list the times for each of them so I can find out what's taking so long to load?

vhx

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2006
Well I use the onboard lan and RAID is disabled.

I did run a bootvis trace, however I have no clue on how to interpret these graphs.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
How long does the system take to boot? Maybe you should get a stop watch or something, to be honest, you're not suppose to notice a difference in boot speeds if all you're doing is changing out the processor/Ram unless you're loading lots of applications or something. An 800mhz system with the OS on a ram drive will always be faster than a P4 2.8 or C2D 3.5ghz or what ever on a standard HDD.

vhx

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2006
Well I just ran optimize on bootvis and now my system starts up 15-20+ seconds faster. Oh well, problem solved I guess? :p

Thanks for the suggestions all.