Question Windows Lite or mini version with TTS function

dariuszpindela

Feb 10, 2024
Is there any slimmed-down version of Windows (Lite or Mini) from Windows Vista to Windows 11 to run the "Nuance Vocalizer Expressive TTS" speech synthesizer? I am using an old computer with 2 GB of RAM and the processor supports 64-bit systems. Therefore, I would prefer to install a slimmed-down Windows from Windows Vista to Windows 11 so that it takes up as little RAM as possible and at the same time runs speech synthesizers on it. I would like to use such a computer as an eBook reader. I could install Windows XP and IVONA synthesizer voices on it, but what I like most is Krzysztof's voice from the developer "Nuance Vocalizer Expressive TTS", but the developer's voices do not work on Windows XP. I installed various slimmed down Windows, from Windows Vista to Windows 11, but no speech synthesizers wanted to work. In each type of slimmed-down Windows, functions related to the speech synthesizer have been removed and cannot be installed on such Windows. Is the only solution buying more RAM and installing the original version of Windows or rip eBooks to mp3 format on a new computer?

lantis3

Oct 18, 2023
Lite version of Windows could work but no one is going to tell which one will work for you.

You have to try one by one yourself. 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM is super cheap now for old PC. Don't waste your time.

Last edited: