Windows feature update stuck on fresh windows 10

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
So the anniversary windows 10 update seemed to stall on the rebooted install screen on my windows 10 that was an update of windows 8. I decided to do a fresh install of windows 10 and then update from that. It is an MSI Cubi with an intel cpu/wifi so I just needed to run the intel driver utility and all drivers were up to date. There is no extra hardware and drivers to get in the way of the update.

Still once again, after the download and first reboot the install is stuck at %4. The first time it got to %9, and then today when it retried it stuck around %4 and that is when I decided to reinstall windows 10 from a usb stick. Right now it has been sitting at %4 for a couple hours.

I'll let it run while I sleep but if it hasnt done anything when I wake up, I am trashing windows 10 for good.

Edit: Looks like you can get the ISO with the update pre installed, think I'll go that route.

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Lol, so the windows 10 ISO install that had the update rolled into it is also screwing up the install and leaving me at the rotating ring for , well, after 30 minutes I gave up. I loaded 8 onto the flash drive and said FU windows 10.