Question Windows Explorer Search Issues

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
I have a folder with 2,061 files. An example of a file name is: "009full_023-7695520175754." If I search for "full_023" Explorer's search function says no files found. But I can see it right in front of me. Wtf am I doing wrong? How do I get it to find this file? Also, the folder I'm searching is a OneDrive folder, if that makes a difference. Thanks.

DB

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Did you look at the link I provided above?
My apologies, I just saw this. Yes, I did look at the link; it was helpful in my understanding of wildcards and searching. It still didn't help with my search issues; however, I realized that my search worked as it should with files that were physically on my hard drive and not part of a cloud service.

BUT...search only had the issues I referenced when I was searching my MS OneDrive folder (whether on the hard drive or not). Therefore, I impute my problems to OneDrive; NOT to my search function or my search ability.

Thank you for the help! It was appreciated.

Reactions: pcgeek11

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
My apologies, I just saw this. Yes, I did look at the link; it was helpful in my understanding of wildcards and searching. It still didn't help with my search issues; however, I realized that my search worked as it should with files that were physically on my hard drive and not part of a cloud service.

BUT...search only had the issues I referenced when I was searching my MS OneDrive folder (whether on the hard drive or not). Therefore, I impute my problems to OneDrive; NOT to my search function or my search ability.

Thank you for the help! It was appreciated.

Glad you have the issue Isolated to OneDrive.
** Note I don't use OneDrive...