windows and bluetooth. remove audio delay without reconnecting?

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
as in, when i move away from my PC and the signal weakens then bluetooth seems to try and make sure the data gets sent over as opposed to just dropping it and continuing. the problem is that even a second out of range caused a noticeable audio delay that i can't fix (bar adjusting audio delay manually in mpc-hc) without reconnecting the earphones.

have other wireless headphones (non BT) and when getting out of range they just produce a hiss but never any lag.

using bluesoleils software on win10x64. anyone else found this and how to fix?

Jembo

Jun 18, 2014
Is the Bluetooth version 4 or higher on the headphones? I assume it is.
My experience with video is if it falls out of sync when I go to the washroom is to simply pause & resume. Syncs back up fine. I use Daum Pot Player. I don't know about streaming video though.

Last edited:

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
it's just playing avideo in mpc or vlc. i have 2 year old sony earphones (sbh20), bluetooth headphones (MDR-ZX330BT) and new LG HBS 900 earphones.

the headphones are v4, a cursory google indicates the LGs are too but not sure on the older one though.

this happens on any bluetooth earphones i use (including older earphones i have spare) and happens whether playing back on laptop or PC. both on win10 now but had win8 previously and same issue there too.

seems that once the lag has hit it needs disconnecting to correct it. just a little annoying