Windows 8 Store opens then closes

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by RadiclDreamer, Jan 7, 2013.

1. RadiclDreamer

RadiclDreamer Diamond Member

Running windows 8 fully patched and on a domain, no network restrictions but every time i try to open the windows store i get the following errors in the event log

Activation of app winstore_cw5n1h2txyewy!Windows.Store failed with error: The system cannot find the file specified

And

App winstore_cw5n1h2txyewy!Windows.Store did not launch within its allotted time.

Windows log shows this

Unable to start a DCOM Server: Windows.Store as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "2"
    Happened while starting this command:
    "C:\Windows\System32\WWAHost.exe" -ServerName:Windows.Store

I have tried a sfc /scannow with no luck. Anyone else see this?

#1 RadiclDreamer, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Windows Store opens Forum Date
    Uninstalling Windows Store apps Software for Windows Dec 31, 2015
    Windows Store facebook app question Software for Windows Dec 11, 2014
    Windows App Store: "Pokki" (mobile apps on your desktop) Software for Windows Nov 13, 2013
    Store and recall custom window (size and position)? Software for Windows Apr 21, 2012
    Windows 8 on ARM to lose all compatibility with x86, as well as app-store only Software for Windows Feb 10, 2012

3. Dstoop

Dstoop Member

Sounds like the Windows Store app didn't install right. I'm not sure if it's technically considered an app or a core part of windows, so sfc might not pick up on it. I'd see if there's an easy way to reinstall the store app or copy that missing file from a known good win8 install.

4. RadiclDreamer

RadiclDreamer Diamond Member

Ok, fought with a windows store reset, a microsoft tool to diagnose store problems and deleting caches and setting security on registry files, finally gave up and reloaded.