Windows 8 Consumer Preview Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by RavenSEAL, Feb 29, 2012.

1. BD2003

BD2003 Lifer

Anyone that thinks Jobs declared the PC dead wasn't really listening to what he actually said.

Despite the fact that I think windows 8 is a debacle and android is useless, it is great to finally be out of the computing dark ages. This competition is fantastic. Last few years have been the most interesting in a long time.

2. Dominato3r

Dominato3r Diamond Member

3. Gonad the Barbarian

4. JackMDS

JackMDS Super Moderator<BR>Elite Member
    Super Moderator

Strange competition that instead of lowering prices raised them.

The real sad times are going to come in about two years when all the people that paid above $500 for their FaceBook "toys" will discover that the Toys are disposable.

I.e,. the batteries (and some other components) will start to die and they were design Not to be replaceable or repairable.

Hooray, every few years lets spend another $500-$1000 on the "Toys".D:

The "lame" P-4 Dells lasted longer and were less expensive.

LOL, until now it was only the enthusiasts with the Monster Video card that expense issue, Now it will be everybody ordeal. :eek:

:cool:

5. BD2003

BD2003 Lifer

Comparing apples and oranges.

Either way, I see what you're saying. Not crazy about batteries I can't replace either, but not enough of an issue to stop me from purchasing something.

6. lxskllr

lxskllr Lifer

That's a primary concern of mine. If it can't be repaired by me, I won't buy it. In fact, I'd pay extra for that with otherwise identical devices.

7. JackMDS

JackMDS Super Moderator<BR>Elite Member
    Super Moderator

Human thinking is considered superior when verbal abstraction are used.

Comparing Apple and Oranges by saying that we eat them both is considered lower level of Thinking, as compare to saying that Apples and Oranges are both Fruits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstraction

Following this Cognitive rational Comparing Apple and Computers is Not even a valid Verbal Abstraction on any level. :colbert:

If one belong to the 1% (you know the one that thge wife has two Cadillacs), then any crazy action is OK because money can buy you a thinker.

But buying every few years for hundreds of $$ iPhone, iPad and the like because the rechargeable battery Goes is basically iCrazy, a battery for Motorola Razor cost less than $10).

It passable right Now because the ignorant crowds are not aware of the coming surprise. :thumbsup:

:cool:

8. BD2003

BD2003 Lifer

Indeed. Unfortunately I happen to really like iOS, so I simply don't have a choice. Aside from a user replaceable battery, I also wish they weren't so damn fragile.