Windows 8 and Office 2010 keys.

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by imagoon, Oct 1, 2012.

1. imagoon

imagoon Diamond Member

Ok so I have licenses from my technet account. Windows 8 is licensed to Windows 8 Enterprise and Office 2010 is professional plus. The issue is 2010 won't accept the key for office 2010 (all of this is MAK.)

I can use the same office 2010 key on Windows 7 and activate it (just did it to verify.)

ospp.vbs gives me an error saying that the licensing service has reported my key is not valid.

Has anyone seen this? Find a work around / hotfix?

2. cl-scott

cl-scott ASUS Support

Probably the easiest thing to do is just call Microsoft activation call center, explain the situation, and let them give you an activation code.

3. imagoon

imagoon Diamond Member

I already opened the issue via the technet line, I am wondering if anyone else has seen the issue. The main issue is it tells me the key is invalid and won't give me an activation code. In addition I wouldn't expect that to be the solution if it was going to be deployed to few hundred people.

Thanks

4. wilson0416

wilson0416 Junior Member

Just ignore it... apply bypass genuine software.

5. imagoon

imagoon Diamond Member

Not all of us promote piracy.

6. rsingal

rsingal Junior Member

I am too facing the same issue; does any one have any solution, please reply ........:\

7. Absolution75

Absolution75 Senior member

My guess is that it is because you don't have the correct version of office. There are multiple different versions of Office Professional.

Try checking out http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-office-2010-official-direct-download-links/

Download the two different versions of Professional (Retail/Retail Channel) and see if they work

Also try http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-backup-FX101853122.aspx (It didn't work for me and may not for you ask your keys are technet)

8. imagoon

imagoon Diamond Member

Can you explain your statement? The keys work fine on Windows 7. Same key -> Windows 8, fails. I don't need the ISO files since that is what you get with a technet license. Anyway I just did my testing with 2013 and that worked for what I needed it to do.

9. BigToque

BigToque Lifer

I had some trouble with Windows 8 activation when I did a clean install (with an upgrade disc) on an empty hard drive. The install accepted the key, and the installation proceeded (which I was surprised by since I figured the installer would just say "you need a valid copy of [Windows OS] installed in order to upgrade"), but it wouldn't let me activate once I got into Windows.

When I installed Windows 7 first, then did went through clean install with Windows 8, the activation process worked without any issue.

10. corkyg

corkyg Elite Member<br>Super Moderator <br>Peripherals
    Super Moderator

When I "upgraded" from Win 7 to 8, it included Office 2010 and many other programs. Not a problem at all - I also tried clean install, and that worked as far as the keys were concerned, but it was much less satisfactory overall than the direct upgrade.

All my keys come from my TechNet subscription.

#10 corkyg, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013