Windows 8.1 update issues.

n3cw4rr10r

Apr 30, 2014
I am trying to update from Windows 8 pro to Windows 8.1 pro. It starts downloading the update, goes through all the crap, restarts, does more crap and after 2-3 times of "we are setting up blah blah", it restarts and goes to a blank screen. Then it starts back up after about ~ 10 mins and crashes with bsod. Then restarts , another bsos, restarts again and restores me back to windows 8.
Also after it fully restores me back to windows 8, I get a "we are sorry, could not update error.

System Specs:

Core i5-3570k | AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 | CM Hyper Evo | 16gb Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Radeon 7970 OC |

Last edited:

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Try this way http://www.eightforums.com/installa...retail-windows-8-1-windows-8-product-key.html

Note for clean install of 8.1 you will need Win8.1 starter(install key) which are listed below section 5,once installed you can use your Win8 legit key for activation.

See "Note" section for more info in the link above for starter/install keys and Win8.1 ISO link.

Another option is to look for Win8.1 with Update 1 ISO on the net and use that,ie use starter key from link above then activate with your key.

Last edited:

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
It sounds like he's going through the store for the update, not through any installer. Can you be a bit clearer on your steps to upgrade?

(also, I'm PMing you, n3cw4rr10r)