Nice example how you can optimize Direct3D for better CPU performance:
Battlefield 4 - i5-2500k@4500 - GTX780TI@1200MHz

Win7:

Win8.1

Performance increase is 41%.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
How about you don't post images to sites that open up other add infested pages on their own?

And besides that, what is the purpose of this post?

Gikaseixas

Platinum Member
Jul 1, 2004
desperate act for sure. Since this is about Mantle it should just be a post in that thread

Venomous

Golden Member
Oct 18, 1999
He should put In to be a review writer. With this kind of post, you know this guy is just getting started...

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Hey, I enjoy a baseless troll thread from one of the board pros every now and then as much as the next guy, but come on dude :colbert:

mindbomb

May 30, 2013
the dx11.1 path isn't even used on kepler cards for some reason though. With the new patch allowing you to see which renderer is in use, you see dx11 on both win 7 and win 8.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
i dont think battlefield 4 should ever be used as a gauge for performance measuring

Venomous

Golden Member
Oct 18, 1999
i dont think battlefield 4 should ever be used as a gauge for performance measuring

I agree with that but why use crysis 3 with its horrible game engine? It's another worthless benchmark to be using too.

csbin

Feb 4, 2013
Mantle killer ?:biggrin:

Windows 8.1

http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/grafikkarten/2014/erste-eindruecke-zu-amds-mantle/drucken/

Sv7.jpg

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I think that's his way of stating that NV's driver for BF4 performs better in Win 8.x rather than Win 7. Do I agree with his "Mantle killer statement"? Uh, heck no. But, I've noticed this myself - BF4 is just much better in Win 8.1. I'm not OCD with checking framerates but the game certainly felt much better in Windows 8.x. That same could apply to AMD hardware, i'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, as far as the comparison itself to Mantle and being a "Mantle killer", well, I think its not a valid comparison. I don't agree with that statement at all. Anyway, out of curiosity, have AMD users noted performance increases in Win 8.x as compared to 7?

I agree with that but why use crysis 3 with its horrible game engine? It's another worthless benchmark to be using too.

Curious, why do you think this? Now the game itself may not be everyone's cup of tea (I personally really enjoyed it, but not as much as Crysis 1/WH) but in terms of visuals. I think it's amazing. Of course, BF4's FB3 engine is better suited for large scale multiplayer, but in terms of graphic fidelity....crysis 3 is hard to beat. Crysis 3 has tons of little touches everywhere in SP such as moving foliage and what, it's just pretty great IMO in terms of graphics. I'm not even comparing Crysis 3 and BF4 as they both have their merits and both look great, but I do feel CryEngine 3 is better suited for pure SP visual fidelity. While FB3 in BF4 is built from the ground up for multiplayer action on a large scale, and does that well with great graphics. They're both great visually in different ways, I guess that's what i'm saying.

Last edited:

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
We have a Mantle thread already and I can see by the first 5 posts where this is heading.

-Rvenger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.