Windows 8.1 freezes (crappy audio driver?)

It's Not Lupus

Aug 19, 2012
Windows 8.1 freezes when I do the following:

Play a x264/aac mp4 file on MPC-HC with Haali Media Splitter/AC3filter over the LAN. (or maybe just play audio.)
Have a Keepass database open and press the button for number of key encryption rounds numerous times.

Windows will eventually freezes, and I have to hard reset. I have the Xonar DG with Windows 8 drivers, not the 8.1 beta drivers.

I don't feel like trying third party drivers since I don't feel like running in Test Mode. I may go back to using the motherboard audio.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Windows 8.1 freezes when I do the following:

Play a x264/aac mp4 file on MPC-HC with Haali Media Splitter/AC3filter over the LAN. (or maybe just play audio.)
Have a Keepass database open and press the button for number of key encryption rounds numerous times.

Windows will eventually freezes, and I have to hard reset. I have the Xonar DG with Windows 8 drivers, not the 8.1 beta drivers.

I don't feel like trying third party drivers since I don't feel like running in Test Mode. I may go back to using the motherboard audio.

I use beta 8.1 drivers from Asus website with no issues on my 8.1 PC (ASUS Xonar DX sound card ) ,its worth trying to see if it fixes your issues.