Windows 7 won't recognize my card reader

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
I've got a 7-in-1 card reader that is plugged in to the internal USB header on my P35-DS3L motherboard. It worked fine in Vista. I installed Windows 7 last night and can not get it to recognize my compactflash cards. However, the USB2.0 slot on the device works just fine with a flash drive.

I've installed the latest INF from Intel for the chipset, and rebooted several times since then.

Any advice?

VinDSL

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.lenon.com
Hrm...

I noticed that on my lappy too - wasn't seeing E-drive (the card reader) - thought it was just me.

I really didn't pay any attention to why it wasn't (ahem) reading my reader. Guess I'll check it out, now that you mentioned it.

Truthfully, I've only run W7 a few times, to make sure my triple-boot setup is working. Other than that, I'm not much interested in W7, especially since I've been tweaking my Vista install for 20 months - and W7 is buck-ass naked and totally featureless, unless you want to use Paint or Wordpad...

LoL!

I hope MS wasn't dumb enough to release a beta to the general public, with no driver support - like they did with Vista.

gcy

Feb 18, 2001
I noticed the same thing in my computer until I inserted a SD card and then it showed. You can also go to disk management and see if it's there - might have to assign the drive.

Ospy

Nov 26, 2009
I was having same problem with my usb ports and card reader, I checked everywhere to see if they showed at all, which they didn't. Failing that I checked they were on most up to date drivers, which they were.. soo..

I just rolled my card reader + usb drivers back, both usb and card reader now work fine, so I'm guessing that some of the updated drives aren't functioning properly.