Windows 7 won't recognize my card reader

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by angry hampster, Jan 18, 2009.

1. angry hampster

angry hampster Diamond Member

I've got a 7-in-1 card reader that is plugged in to the internal USB header on my P35-DS3L motherboard. It worked fine in Vista. I installed Windows 7 last night and can not get it to recognize my compactflash cards. However, the USB2.0 slot on the device works just fine with a flash drive.

I've installed the latest INF from Intel for the chipset, and rebooted several times since then.

Any advice?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Windows recognize card Forum Date
    Windows Media Center doesn't recognize my video files Operating Systems May 15, 2011
    Windows 7 is not recognizing Partition on WD Hard Drive (Model: WD6400AAKS) Operating Systems Apr 5, 2010
    How can Window PC recognize and use the NAS formatted HDD partition? Operating Systems Feb 20, 2010
    Another Windows 7 64bit OS not recognizing all the memory question Operating Systems Jan 30, 2010
    16-1 Card Reader not recognized Windows XP sp2 Operating Systems May 25, 2005

3. Hyperlite

Hyperlite Diamond Member

is there a driver download for the reader? try a different USB port.

4. VinDSL

VinDSL Diamond Member

Hrm...

I noticed that on my lappy too - wasn't seeing E-drive (the card reader) - thought it was just me.

I really didn't pay any attention to why it wasn't (ahem) reading my reader. Guess I'll check it out, now that you mentioned it.

Truthfully, I've only run W7 a few times, to make sure my triple-boot setup is working. Other than that, I'm not much interested in W7, especially since I've been tweaking my Vista install for 20 months - and W7 is buck-ass naked and totally featureless, unless you want to use Paint or Wordpad...

LoL!

I hope MS wasn't dumb enough to release a beta to the general public, with no driver support - like they did with Vista.

5. gcy

gcy Senior member

I noticed the same thing in my computer until I inserted a SD card and then it showed. You can also go to disk management and see if it's there - might have to assign the drive.

6. cudzich09

cudzich09 Banned

yeah, it doesnt show until you put in a card

7. VinDSL

VinDSL Diamond Member

8. Ospy

Ospy Junior Member

I was having same problem with my usb ports and card reader, I checked everywhere to see if they showed at all, which they didn't. Failing that I checked they were on most up to date drivers, which they were.. soo..

I just rolled my card reader + usb drivers back, both usb and card reader now work fine, so I'm guessing that some of the updated drives aren't functioning properly.