Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2002
Just finished building a new home server;

Asrock Xeon-D 1540
32gb crucial ram
lots of HDDs
blah
blah

Its running Windows 10 pro primarily as a Plex media server and occasionally as a remote RDP server. I've had no issues with it when accessing/streaming from it when on its home local network. When I go out and try to access the server from an outside network it works for a short period of time and then becomes unreachable. I've found that every time I go back home and RDP into it, I find that is has rebooted or shutdown and then waken via network/RDP. Im convinced that its either rebooting or shutting down because when I eventually log back into the server what ever programs or windows that were prior open are not closed. It must be either an improper windows power profile or the BIOS is not being waken...or I could be completely wrong...any ideas?

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
I'm running a small home server with the same purpose (Plex + storage), Win 10 Pro managed via RDP. Changes from default settings are downright minimal (power management set to avoid sleep + some privacy options disabled)

The only times I've had the system reset on me were automated Windows updates which you probably know cannot be fully avoided.