Windows 10 Screen resolution issue

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
So had a laptop update and now the screen resolution on the external monitor is all wrong. The primary display is fine. Go to settings to change and it just has the wrong resolution selected and the box is grayed out.

If I go to adapter properties list all modes, it only lists the 1 resolution.
Checked for driver updates on the adapter (via Windows) and it says up to date. Its Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Ideas?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
What brand is the video card? Most have options in the right-click menu from the desktop.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Like I said in OP, its a laptop so integrated. Intel HD Graphics 3000 is what device manager says.

DUH on my part. Yeah, there are graphics options in the right-click menu, possibly an icon in task manager (depending on what drivers you have). See what resolution options are there.

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
Don't use Windows integrated drivers, download them from Intel or your laptop site. I've had problems with Windows driver on my NUCs until downloading the latest Intel driver off Intel or off the NUC drivers download page.

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Don't use Windows integrated drivers, download them from Intel or your laptop site. I've had problems with Windows driver on my NUCs until downloading the latest Intel driver off Intel or off the NUC drivers download page.

Downloaded from Dell and it just says the most recent version is already installed.
Direct from Intel said the same.