Windows 10 Laptop Notification Noise

JC0133

Nov 2, 2010
So my Laptop keeps making a notification noise. It is an off and on constant beeping. Sometimes it will do it off and on for 40 mins straight then stop for 5-10 minutes and then start back up.

I googled how to turn on notifications.

You go into systems settings and click notification and actions and there you can cut off all other forms of notification. I did this and it still hasn't stopped.

I have windows defender firewall and run web-root anti-virus software and spy bot for security. I am very careful on my laptop. I mostly do my school work, watch you tube or Netflix and play games. I have a heard time believing I got a virus.

If anybody has any ideas of how to fix this issue please sure. I am even open to figuring out a way to turn down the master sound and cutting up applications sound so i can't hear it in the background. Right now I turn things like Netflix up or hulu volume up and master sound on low but that isn't really an effective method.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Can we assume this is Windows 10? Click on the notification icon on the far right-hand side of the taskbar and see what the notification is for. Then we can get some ideas about how to get it to stop.