Windows 10 - get corrupted - problem with hardware?

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
Hello. My system Windows 10 Pro get corrupted. When clicking some programs, they wont opening. And i have automatic repair loop problem during boot windows.
Question is. Can Windows get corrupted by faulty memory or faulty sdd ? Or it is only software?

But i checked:

Memtest86 - not showing errors
HDTUNE - no errors, Smart 100% ok health.
Cpu 4790k - good temps

My disk is Samsung Evo SSD 250 GB, ram Kingston Hyperx 2x8gb 1600mhz

Last edited:

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
Also this is weird issue. So when i ran memtest without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue?

Also i meet other person with the same problem and issue. So it is software related or we had something with memory?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
You can do all of those things, however I've experienced the same issue myself and have had to reinstall 10 more than any other OS I've ever used. I keep seeing system file corruption and I believe that the cumulative updates are responsible for wrecking folder ownership in the registry. Once this happens the built in file integrity utilities cannot correct it. This is why I'm looking forward to the redstone build and I hope that they make enough improvements that this behavior will stop.

christian1990

Feb 16, 2016
I see that you have two ram sticks. Try to run the system with one stick at a time and see if the os crashes or not. With this method you can find faulty ram stick/s, if any.
You can also check if the motherboard has the latest bios version.

Last edited:

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
I can run memtest86 for many hours and they not reporting errors. Also games are stable , no crashing and no BSODS. So i am dunno it was caused by hardware or just windows?

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
When i was use restart by clicking from windows then after next boot windows is showing Automatic Restart Button. And after that on another restart i can boot to windows fine. Just 2 restarts was needed to boot fine. Also event viewer was reporting that closing system was not properly.

I dont know if it is hardware related or just windows bug.

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
I had the same issue on my HTPC. Win10 just went and got corrupted, and no repair seemed to fix it. I cloned it to another SSD and that didn't solve the issue, so I just reverted to a backup of Win7 prior to the upgrade. No issues since then.

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Maybe go with a slower boot or a boot delay. The most stress put on a power supply is during the initial boot process. I think this is a Microsoft Windows Problem. Over time my windows 7 Internet explorer became corrupted to an almost unusable state.

Last edited:

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
Somebody said to me:"had similar issues, replaced RAM and I have been error free since."

So thats why i am confused now. Also memtest86 dont giving errors. What you think guys?

So its a memory related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

Last edited:

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Sounds more like a windows 10 corruption issue not related to memory. As mentioned earlier, test each stick of ram by itself (take out one stick) in memtest if you haven't already.

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
I tested both sticks in memtest86 and they dont giving any error. It happened once after memtest86 session when i was boot windows it says automatic repair status.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
I tested both sticks in memtest86 and they dont giving any error. It happened once after memtest86 session when i was boot windows it says automatic repair status.
Is the power from your local utility good? Do you have trouble with sags/spikes? What psu do you have?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I'd tend to think it would be hardware related myself.

Have an older X58 Xeon with slower RAM and a couple Sammy SSD's for the OS that are running Win10 insider 14267 just fine atm.

It would be pretty hard to nail down one specific problem you're having, but it does sound hardware related to me.

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
So i formatted disk , install again Windows 10 , now Windows booting fine without automatic repair. But i tried to reproduce issue by running memtest86 again. So i run test for 5 hours, stop test and booted Windows 10. This time it booted fine without automatic repair. So i guess its fine. But i want to know why it happened before format? That was still hardware issue? Thx for opinion. Somebody said that can be caused by hardware. Thx. But like i said after format is fine.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
So i formatted disk , install again Windows 10 , now Windows booting fine without automatic repair. But i tried to reproduce issue by running memtest86 again. So i run test for 5 hours, stop test and booted Windows 10. This time it booted fine without automatic repair. So i guess its fine. But i want to know why it happened before format? That was still hardware issue? Thx for opinion. Somebody said that can be caused by hardware. Thx. But like i said after format is fine.

Sounds you're good to go, sometimes it's best not to ponder too much.

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
So thats why i create topic to know reason with issue of Automatic Repair,what was before format)) . Its hard to tell?

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Seems like something corrupted a necessary file, and the reinstall cured it. Hard to tell exactly what it was.

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
Also.
I am wondering only, why it get corrupted to Automatic Repair even one single time,even once. We know that after memtest was propably coincidence. But why it happened even once. I think if all is stable or running properly shouldnt happen even one single time. What you think?

redzo

Nov 21, 2007
Yes. You should get zero auto repair attempts, otherwise it implies that there is something hardware related with the system/pc, if it happens very early after a clean OS install: you can't get rid of hardware issues with a clean OS install.

"Automatic Repair" should engage after a failed attempt to start windows.

and23

Banned
Feb 14, 2016
So its a hardware related for 100%? Other peoples saying that can be software related. I dont know what to think about it.

Also i was booted fine to system after second time. Only in first time is showing automatic repair.

Memtest86 not showing errors also. HDD disk is checked and no errors. And after format problem is not reproducable.

Last edited: