Windows 10 "find installed games"?

KyleGates

Oct 19, 2004
Long story short:
-I have Windows Games (Forza, Gears, etc) installed on an SSD
-Just wiped my primary drive and reinstalled Windows

How do I point the Windows Store to the drive where the games are installed so that it "Sees" them??

I know in Settings->Storage->Change Where Content is Saved you can set the drive for apps to be saved (however, Windows threatens to wipe said drive (5TB of data there) so I have not done that. But really I just want to point the way to the existing installs. (Steam of course makes this a 10-15 second process). Any ideas?

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
Easy peasy ... or well at least it's doable,this is an example with the forza horizon 4 demo you will have to find your games and substitute their directory names.

This should be one line it just doesn't fit.
Code:
- Run: "cd C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ForzaHorizon4Demo_1.187.963.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe"

- Click your Start menu button and type "gpedit.msc"
- Under "Computer Configuration" navigate to: Administrative Templates, Windows Components, then click "App Package Deployment"
- Enable the 4 top settings, starting with "Allow deployment operations in specific profiles"
- Click your start menu again and type "Settings"
- Click "Update & Security" (last item on bottom row to the right)
- Select "For developers" and make sure the Developer mode radio button is selected
- Open Powershell with Administrator permissions (UAC)
- Run: "Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted" and type "A", then hit Enter
- Run: "cd C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ForzaHorizon4Demo_1.187.963.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe"
- Run: "Add-AppxPackage -Register AppxManifest.xml"