windows 10 doesn't display the names of my programs, only the icons

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I go to Start button, I see icons only. I can't tell what the programs are, there's no text. What's going on? How can I find a program? I mean, I'd expect to see my programs in alpha order but I just see icons. TIA...

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Thanks. Just installed it, OpenShellSetup_4_4_131.exe. There are various options, don't know which to choose. What would you use?

Classic
Classic with two columns
Windows 7 style

Or something else?

I set it at Classic with two columns, had to choose something. I could live with that. Click Programs and I see my programs or their folders.

Lots going on in there... Thanks!

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Thanks. Just installed it, OpenShellSetup_4_4_131.exe. There are various options, don't know which to choose. What would you use?

Classic
Classic with two columns
Windows 7 style

Or something else?

I set it at Classic with two columns, had to choose something. I could live with that. Click Programs and I see my programs or their folders.

My simplest choice. All default.

Untitled.png

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

Classic
Classic with two columns
Windows 7 style

Or something else?

I use windows 7 style.

There are lots of tweaking options in that program.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Thanks. I'm going to change mine to Windows 7. I have used that alot. In fact, I plan to return to Windows 7 on this machine. The trackpad behavior is intolerable in Windows 10 on this Lenovo T61. I just haven't gotten around to making the change.