Question Windows 10 does not load up SSDs on CPU Lanes.

Jorgp2

Dec 19, 2018
I recently got another NVMe SSD, and tried to move two disks into a 4x riser card on the CPU lanes.
Well, it turns out that something is my OS prevents booting or mounting drives on those lanes.

Other windows 10 install work fine, and UEFI detects them fine while the storage controller is in AHCI mode. But my main install just lists them as other Devices/PCI Device", with "No drivers are installed for my device".

I believe it is an issue with the Intel RST drivers taking control of NVMe drives, and using its own NVMe controller driver.
The other 10 install never had iRST installed, but I was using it for HDD caching on my main OS.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Attachments

• device.PNG
    device.PNG
    502.4 KB · Views: 5

Jorgp2

Dec 19, 2018
Any idea how?

Switching to AHCI seems to remove the iRST storage controller driver, but the drive still isn't installed.

With AHCI set, iRST crashes on startup. But I tried it on the other install, and it shows it as having enhanced SATA drivers

Billy Tallis

Aug 4, 2015
I recently got another NVMe SSD, and tried to move two disks into a 4x riser card on the CPU lanes

Do your CPU and motherboard support PICe bifurcation? If not, you won't be able to get a single PCIe x8 port to operate as two x4 ports, and only one drive on your riser card will be usable.

AHCI vs RST only matters to NVMe SSDs attached through chipset PCIe lanes.