Windows 10 and Uplay connection problems

pashbe1

May 5, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I've done some forum and google searching on this subject with little results.

Here's the issue:

A friend of mine and I have an collection of Ubisoft games on steam that we like to play coop, Splinter Cell, Future Soldier, Far Cry 3. Since he upgraded to W10 (I'm on W7), his PC locks up completely when connecting to a coop game. This is only a problem with the titles mentioned above, leading me to believe the problem lies in Uplay (I'm quick right?).

Has anyone had similar issues and if so have you found any solutions?

Thanks!

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
I had Uplay problems when I made the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 as well. Offline mode worked fine, but online mode pretty much didn't work at all. All it took for me to get things working was to completely uninstall Uplay and then install the latest version. It works fine now.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Uplay games cause other issues as well, like locking up the whole PC if you use an XBox One controller.

I've heard it said it's a problem with the driver, but at the same time, only Uplay games do this.

The Anniversary update coming this summer should resolve the one I've mentioned. Hopefully it cleans up an other issues related to Uplay as well.

pashbe1

May 5, 2009
Hey guys, thanks for responding. It looks like downloading uplay directly from Ubisofts website worked. They bury the download at the bottom of the store page. I haven't had a chance to 100% confirm this, because I have only tested it on W7 machines so far, but I will let you know what happens with the W10 machine.

Thanks again!