Windows 10 1803 Start Menu bug

juzzlukin

Jan 19, 2017
Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option seems broken.

In Windows 1709, with "Show More Tiles" enabled the start menu extends to within about an inch of the right side of the screen. A maximum width equal to eight medium sized tiles:

In Windows 1803, with "Show More Tiles" disabled, it displays the same as 1709, with the right margin dragged to its maximum:

In Windows 1803, with "Show More Tiles" enabled,, the effect is just the opposite. It displays just as it would if "Show More Tiles" was disabled, and there is no function to drag it any wider:

I first discovered this when upgrading to 1803.

I have since done a fresh install with my original installation disk, with no alterations except for the 1803 windows update, to verify that the effects are accurate. I also did a fresh install using the Media Creation Tool and the Windows ISO Downloader, with the same results.

I haven't been able to determine if anyone else experiences the same thing or if there is a fix.

thanks

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Another one is when numerous Tiles just display the downward "arrow" indicating the app was scheduled to be downloaded. But days later, still just an arrow and mouse-over notification it would be downloaded. This was after a big update (>1GB) pushed down four or five months ago? On TWO different PCs. Tried every suggestion I found on the net (numerous others reported this with just about every feature update going back to 2015) but NONE worked. I had to do a full (re)install (same build) to resolve it.