Winamp taking over my arrows keys

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Winamp has decided that the keyboard arrow keys are for winamp only, and cannot be used in anything else, like to move the cursor around here in a text box. I usually use the numpad to control winamp while I'm in games or other applications, so global hotkeys are enabled, but only the numpad keys I have chosen are listed in there, and nothing else. None the less Winamp has taken my left/right arrow keys hostage! Strange because it wasn't like this before (same version I've always used) and something must have changed.

Speaking of music playing software, what are some other good choices besides Winamp? Been using Winamp forever and have liked it but it was made by a bunch of stoner college kids in the 90s so it's never been very polished, and has become more bloated over time (now plays videos, rips CDs, and has a web browser built in)

Thanks!

Ben90

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
I like Foobar2000. Dunno about the keys.
Foobar2000 is quite nearly the perfect music player for me. It doesn't dick around with useless clutter, but is quite powerful for the few random things I do need it to do.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I deleted the winamp.ini and re-did the keys and things seem fine now. It was probably an issue of numpad being on or off while setting the hotkeys and winamp mistaking them for the arrow keys. I dunno, anyways, it's fixed now.