Winamp 3.0 Alpha..

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
For those who care, I managed to get a hold of two Winamp 3 alphas a while back.. I posted them on my new site.. check em out if ya like..

Also, let me know what you think of the site...

Thanks! :D :D :D :D :D

Oh god, my bad.. Link: here!

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Lots of people are awaiting the arrival of Winamp3.. heres a preview for them..

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Is it just me, or have mp3's played out of winamp always sounded better than those played out of WMP?

woodly6

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001

<< Is it just me, or have mp3's played out of winamp always sounded better than those played out of WMP? >>

Not just you! I dont use WMP to listen to Mp3's either. I like the way they sound through Winamp.

JediKnut

Jul 3, 2001
I have this since a few months, I could play mp3's on it, but the playlist wasn't running yet so I cudn't save one... Has that been fixed on the alpha u have?

RaoulDuke

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
I used winamp 3 alpha awhile ago, and i hated it. There's too much crap, and it's starting to get bloated. I always download the stripped down version, hopfully it'll stay the same.

EvilFlow

May 18, 2001
Thanks!

Been looking for this. Do the people over at the nullsoft forums know?

Anyway, I am on my gf's computer which has ME and this alpha is way to buggy. Very cool functions though. I can see how this will yet again dominate the MP3 player field. The streams included in alpha666 are definately worth checking out. It will be a while before a final will be released. Thanks for a sneak-peek.

Edit: Cool site. :)

Redwingsguy

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2000
I think I tried an old version a long time ago, close to a year ago, it was incredibly slow but it looked really cool with buttons popping out everywhere, havent tried it since. do you think my plugins will still work with winamp3? cuz i accually spend $10 on this alarm clock plugin! :|

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Aren't they recoding it from the ground up? I do think it's bigger than just an interface change. They've been taking forever with this thing though.

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yea, Start they are starting from sctrach.. They said they will be using a totally new decoder in Winamp3, im not sure if its included in this version.. Chances are your plugings will not work, with this alpha. They should work eventually.. I have only tried the visualization ones that ship with it.

The playlist seemed to be working for me.. I just tried it for a few seconds though...

Dunno if they know that its out over at the nullsoft forums..

fake

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I tried two 3.0's a while back and they both sucked stability wise &amp; feature wise .. I admit it looks nice :)

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000

<< Is it just me, or have mp3's played out of winamp always sounded better than those played out of WMP?
>>

you are not alone. WMP has this POS gimmickware called WoWthing. while some people with substandard multimedia speaker systems actually appreciate what it does to the sound, but most find it quite disturbing for all the distortion it causes.