Win7/Nvidia color settings

Discussion in 'Video Cards and Graphics' started by Ranulf, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Ranulf

Ranulf Senior member

So I installed a 560ti the other day and now I can't get the nvidia color settings to save on reboot. Each time I shutdown the system it loses the color settings. Usually I just have to go into the nvidia control panel and tweak a setting and it changes. Anyway I can get it to save my color settings? Win7/drivers had no problem with my older nvidia card auto changing the color settings on bootup a few days ago. Same nvidia drivers, 275.33.

2. notty22

notty22 Diamond Member

You didn't mention, uninstalling and re-installing the driver, which needs to be done when changing cards.

3. Gryz

Gryz Golden Member

I have the exact same problem. I did not replace my videocard (using the same one for years now). Since a few weeks, I noticed too that the color settings are not saved. It's the "Adjust Desktop Color settings" in the "Nvidia control panel". When I open the control panel, the adjusted settings are there, they are just not applied to my screen. When I tick "Use NVIDIA settings", the colorscheme is finally applied.

I installed the latest nvidia drivers (275.33) a few days ago, and I still have the same problem. I then did a "clean install", meaning all settings are cleaned out and redone. Didn't make a difference. I didn't do anything else to my system when the problem started to appear, so I wonder what is going on.

4. Ranulf

Ranulf Senior member

Odd Gryz. Hmm, well I'll try reinstalling the vid drivers as I didn't when I installed the new card.

Edit: Well, driver uninstall/reinstall didn't seem to save the color settings.

#4 Ranulf, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  5. Ranulf

Ranulf Senior member

Checking over at the nvidia support forums, it appears to be a problem with the latest drivers, many people are reporting the same issue Gryz. Looks like its back to previous stable drivers for me, although my system has been stable so far today after 3 shutdowns last night (while not even gaming).

6. Gryz

Gryz Golden Member

Thanks for tracking it down. I'll wait for new drivers. I boot my system only once a day (in the morning), so I can manage the 3 seconds lost per day. It's a little nuisance, but knowing it will be fixed soon, it's no problem.

Edit: a quick google on "site:nvidia.com desktop color settings" showed that this problem has been showing up since 2008. Therefor I believe that this bug hasn't been fixed for a long time. And therefor I don't expect it to be fixed soon. It might not be a straightforward bug that shows up consistently. :(

#6 Gryz, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  7. pcunite

pcunite Senior member