Win10 Pro drivers needed for Gigabyte EP45-UD3R

SBMongoos

Feb 10, 2005
My USB connections are very slow. When I transfer files I have the windows open that shows the transfer speed and it's pretty bad. When I look at the driver dates they all appear to be from 2006.

I believe my mb is v1.1. Anyone have an idea where I can get drivers for my EP45-UD3R that will work with Win10 Pro and improve the USB performance? I imagine this is impacting speeds with other components as well (using a Samsung EVO 850). Not able to find anything at Intel for the P45/ICH10R. Looks like the drivers used are from 2006.

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
Not able to find anything at Intel for the P45/ICH10R. Looks like the drivers used are from 2006.

Drivers for hardware that old is baked into the OS, baring special manufacturer features. Just install 10, and everything will be taken care of. Don't install any of the provided drivers, worst case they're written for XP/Vista.

8.1/10 actually supports a bewildering variety of legacy hardware, without installing 3rd party drivers.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Windows 10 may not support all the functionality of older motherboards. I wonder if gigabyte has a chip set update for Win 10 for that motherboard? I would check their website first. They have win 7 64 bit drivers, but it stops there. Maybe it is time for either sticking with win 7 or going with a new motherboard. I just built a system with a Gigabyte H110 motherboard I purchased at micro center for $30 off if you purchase a qualifying CPU.

I know that Win 10 has different kinds of USB drivers than Win 7. There was some kind of patch available for Win10 to load Win 7 from a USB install. Maybe that patch code will help.

Last edited:

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
Hardware that old is effectively EOL, so expecting a driver update from Gigabyte is a bit much. Drivers for such hardware* is included in 10, what might not work are the various manufacturer utilities.

*The most prominent example is support for the Radeon HD4000 series. A driver is included in 8.1/10, but you cannot download it anywhere other then Windows Update.

I know that Win 10 has different kinds of USB drivers than Win 7. There was some kind of patch available for Win10 to load Win 7 from a USB install. Maybe that patch code will help.

Doesn't apply in this case, since its for Skylake support on 7 only. Skylake lacks an EHCI (USB2) controller for input during installation.

Anyway, the included USB drivers in 10 should be preferred in all cases, since they support UASP. Most manufacturer supplied drivers do not due to licensing costs.

tortillasoup

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2011
My USB connections are very slow. When I transfer files I have the windows open that shows the transfer speed and it's pretty bad. When I look at the driver dates they all appear to be from 2006.

I believe my mb is v1.1. Anyone have an idea where I can get drivers for my EP45-UD3R that will work with Win10 Pro and improve the USB performance? I imagine this is impacting speeds with other components as well (using a Samsung EVO 850). Not able to find anything at Intel for the P45/ICH10R. Looks like the drivers used are from 2006.

Any computer using Windows XP SP2 or later is using Windows provided USB 2.0 drivers. I.e. It's pretty unlikely the computer needed USB drivers that are specific to that motherboard. When you say the performance is really bad, how bad is "really bad"? USB 2.0 in real world applications is limited to about 30MB/s. If you have a lot of devices on that hub, if you have it plugged into an older USB 1.1 hub, a weak/bad USB port(s), or any other numerous potential interference issues can cause USB transfer rates to plummet. Also if you're transferring numerous small files, transfer rates will also be slow, especially if you try to transfer more than one file at a time. You didn't specify where you're transferring files to and from. Is it a USB stick? An HDD? The only way to get max transfer rates is to be moving large files (like 1GB) with absolutely nothing else going on that USB port/hub and only one file at a time.

LadyTED

Aug 10, 2016
Hi! You can find drivers at official site. And choose drivers for Windows 7, after download go to file settings and try to use start for win 7. Good luck!