win any girl's heart with this puppy as a gift..

lizardth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2005
I'd rather get stabbed in the eye than have one of those yappy irritating things given to me.
Maybe you need to rethink your views on women? :)

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
Originally posted by: alyssa
Originally posted by: effowe
That's cute, but nothing would win their hearts over more than this beauty.

Somebody needs to slap a NSFW on that monstrosity.

you know what? monstrosity? are you trying to offend me? guy just wants to show a cuter dog, okay? it's sweet, and cuddly.

..don't make fun of what we call beauty. I love monsters. haven't you ever played Diablo II? I'm hurt when I play through the game. you know what I hate? trying to kill cute monsters just to get to the end.

why can't we fight against something else being the cute guys? huh? tell me something that's worth listening to? you think something's wrong with me? no, something is wrong with you, you're dissin' someone who likes what I like. cute dogs. you don't think that's cute, get a life. if you're lucky, diablo 3 may just help you redeem some of your glory.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: lizardth
I'd rather get stabbed in the eye than have one of those yappy irritating things given to me.
We have a toy chihuahua and we love her. Great dog all around, and she's a far more vigilant guard dog than my chow/golden retriever mix. No ones getting into my house without me knowing about it thanks to our little ankle biter. :p

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
"You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?" /Transformers

I can't look at those dogs without thinking of Paris Hilton and others like her. And they DO look like overgrown rats. And they have an annoying high-pitched yelp. And they're too small to do much. And... bah. Golden Retrievers FTW! (Not that I have one, but I've yet to meet one I haven't liked)

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Megatomic
We have a toy chihuahua and we love her. Great dog all around, and she's a far more vigilant guard dog than my chow/golden retriever mix. No ones getting into my house without me knowing about it thanks to our little ankle biter. :p

Agreed, my Chihuahua is also the same as far as guarding. If someone does break into the house in the middle of the night, she won't stop them, but she'll sure as hell wake me up to let me know somebody is coming in.

caivoma

Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Chaotic42

What about the middle pup? They are all adorable.
True, but the middle one just struck me for some reason. I miss having a dog. I'm going to pick up one of these when I get a house:

Lazy puppy

[/quote]

This one win

Edit: meh, wrong quote.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
And it's retard BFs like you who buy their GF a puppy who feed the massive homeless dog population in this country. What happens when it's not a puppy anymore? What happens when it pees or poos on your GF's carpet or she simply lacks the responsibility to take care of it (even though she thinks she can handle a baby)? I will tell you what happens: that puppy gets tossed to the street to become fodder for Michael Vick or one of about 9 million dogs euthanized in this country every year.

When you see these pics of cute puppies, these cute BF-to-GF or husband-to-wife gifts, think of them dying horribly in a doggy gas chamber, alone, with no one to love.

lizardth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2005
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Originally posted by: Megatomic

Agreed, my Chihuahua is also the same as far as guarding. If someone does break into the house in the middle of the night, she won't stop them, but she'll sure as hell wake me up to let me know somebody is coming in.

To which I reply no bothers you when you have quiet dogs like these. Annie and Thriller:evil:
For some reason people are terrified of waist high black dogs...:confused:
And besides when they do bark you know (whether you see them or not) that you are being barked at by a dog that is a true threat.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
And it's retard BFs like you who buy their GF a puppy who feed the massive homeless dog population in this country. What happens when it's not a puppy anymore? What happens when it pees or poos on your GF's carpet or she simply lacks the responsibility to take care of it (even though she thinks she can handle a baby)? I will tell you what happens: that puppy gets tossed to the street to become fodder for Michael Vick or one of about 9 million dogs euthanized in this country every year.

When you see these pics of cute puppies, these cute BF-to-GF or husband-to-wife gifts, think of them dying horribly in a doggy gas chamber, alone, with no one to love.

Well thats a downer. If the BF/Husband is going to spend the time and money to get their SO a puppy, odds are they're know the SO will be able to handle the responsibility.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Bateluer

Well thats a downer. If the BF/Husband is going to spend the time and money to get their SO a puppy, odds are they're know the SO will be able to handle the responsibility.

That's not the case though. You see tons of people dropping these dogs in rescue or trying to sell them on craigslist b/c they didn't realize such a cute gift comes with 15 years worth of responsibility.

lizardth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Bateluer

LOL are you kidding? People have KIDS for less reason than that. Dogs and cats are trash to most people. It's not cute any more? Throw it away! We have to move and don't want to pay a new pet deposit? Throw it away! It crapped on the new carpeting? Throw it away! Dog humped daddy's leg? Throw it away! I can go on and on with the excuses I've heard from people as to why they got rid of their dogs and cats.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: irishScott
"You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?" /Transformers

I can't look at those dogs without thinking of Paris Hilton and others like her. And they DO look like overgrown rats. And they have an annoying high-pitched yelp. And they're too small to do much. And... bah. Golden Retrievers FTW! (Not that I have one, but I've yet to meet one I haven't liked)

Are you talking about chihuahuas or small dogs in general?

- looks are subjective, there are many pets who look like rats, and there are many more types who look worse than rodents
- high-pitched yelps are only with certain breeds and mostly just when they're puppies
- too small to do what ? What are you afraid of that you need a dog to do for you ? If you're talking about playing frisbee, well that's why different breeds exist. These are toy dogs... they're meant to be held and be cute.

It's like laughing at one car's existence just because another is better for your lifestyle.