Win 8.0 to Win 8.1 upgrade FAILURE!!!! FIXED! FIXED!

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Pghpooh, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Pghpooh

Pghpooh Senior member

HI
    I've been trying to upgrade my daughters laptop from win 8.0 to win 8.1 and it is a very frustrating experience!
    I keep getting the failure code of 0x80070652

I have followed every bit if advice I can fine out there on the internet.
    Gone into the MS knowledge base went into third party forums, doe everything suggested and nothing works.
    I did a reset of the original install where it just updated the o/s.
    I did a so called clean install where it wiped the dive and reinstalled win 8 and then tried to upgrade to 8.1 and it failed!

On reinstalling win 8.0 when it says I have updates there are well over 100 of them. When I install the updates over 90 fail! After retrying the update install several times it looks like eventually they all install.
    I've deleted all of the preinstalled Norton security stuff.
    I disabled the windows firewall.
    Nothing works!
    HELP!!!
    Any suggestions?

Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C855D
    4 gig of ram
    300 gig hd
    Running Win 8.0

Finally fixed the !@# beast! I remember trying to do a upgrade years ago and it constantly failed. I went into the control panel/Admin tools/Disk cleanup. Checked every window and said ok. Rebooted and when I opened ie it went right to the install 8.1 window. BUT,, that failed. I went back to the disk cleanup and did the "Clean up system files. Rant that, rebooted, went to the windows store and downloaded win 8.1!!!!
    As Dr. Frankenstien said,,, "IT'S ALIVE!!" LOL

#1 Pghpooh, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. Loading...