Question Win 10 won't sort some folders by date modified or last saved

boing

Sep 13, 2001
I have a job folder with all my work stored under project names and obviously you bounce in and out of projects doing additional work over the years, problem is when I list the project folders by 'date last saved' or 'date modified' certain folders will not register changes made to their contents. Some recent stuff will jump to the top of the list others despite being changed and added to every day will remain at the bottom of the pile. Is something corrupted or is it a bug? just to be clear it's not an ascending/descending order thing, even with recently altered projects at the top of the list the other frequently modified folders are still at the bottom.

On a separate note, is there any way of adding 'date last saved' etc to a folder and propagating that to all sub folders without having to add it manually?

YuliApp

Dec 27, 2017
desirehive.com
This bug is actually since Windows 7 there and one of main reasons i use Total Commander for my needs instead of explorer.
My problem is following. All works well if you add a new file.
Problem i have is that i often overwrite files, like change a picture. Then File Open dialogs and explorer wont register the change or does it slow. I experienced it on Windows 7, now on my 8 server and even Windows 10 on my main workstation.