Question Win 10 with old Eudora

vultusprime

May 28, 2011
This is a bit of and odd question

For over 20 years I have been using Eudora as my mail software. As I got newer PCs and new Windows the software could not really install properly, so I simply copied and paste in the new PC, and it worked without being actually installed.

Over the years I simply rinsed and repeated with each version of windows. With my old PC (win 7) sometimes when checking for mail, Eudora would try to connect to server and fail and give me the error: connection timed out 10060.
When this happened I would simply paste over an older copy of Eudora, replacing all the files, and everything would go back to normal.
About a year and a half ago I bought a new PC win Win 10. I put in Eudora as before and it worked just fine till a few days ago when it gave me the same error. I tried to solve the problem in the same way but no joy.

I deleted the folder and copied an older version but it still didn't work. I don't understand what the problem is. Right now I am able to send emails but not receive them

• Love
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jul 27, 2020
You could try running it in Windows 7 Compatibility mode.

1665512968014.png

Thanks for posting about Eudora. First link on Google led to its source code. I'm always happy to get source codes!