Will you prefer to be a non violent expert cat burglar or rather live on handouts?

Given such a situation, I would rather be ....

• .... an expert non violent cat burglar

• .... living off the government dole.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
This is not a serious thread, but the question must be asked and the question is very simple.

You have two choices:

Option 1: To become an expert cat burglar who abhors violence. Assume you have all the skills needed to perform such a task. assume you have the knack for scouting your target locations so well that you never need to face any sort of confrontation with the people you rob from or the law enforcement authorities. You are that good at this job really.

Option 2: To live on the dole. This is just the basic living off the state's dole option. Assume you have no disabilities whatsoever, but for some godforsaken reason out of your control, you cannot find a honest job no matter how much you try.

Which of these options will you rather choose if you were in either of these situations?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Cat burglar so that at least I can only target my enemies.

The problem is that I don't think I could abhor violence for long around my enemies.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Is a catsuit a requirement for cat burgling? If so, I may need to get in better shape first.

Not in too good a shape though, because I wouldn't want to be caught at the scene of the crime by the police while checking out dat ass in a mirror.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Wow, difficult call. As a cat burglar I'd be morally wrong, but I'd have a great gaming computer and enough money to get laid well and often, plus all that climbing and toting would keep me in shape. On the dole I'd be doing nothing morally wrong, but I'd have only an XBox and a big screen, and my sexual partners would be largely limited to my fellow dolomites.

I'll choose dole, simply because it seems further from politician.

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011
I choose option 1 however I would go to businesses and offer to check their security. When they declined I would break in and leave my card on the managers desk.

If they called the police I would claim I left the card on the first meeting as there would be no surveilance footage of me breaking in due to me being the worlds best cat burgler.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
I had to look up cat burglar as I thought it somehow involved me becoming a cat.

Anyway the answer is clearly cat burglar, as I could be rich. You can burglarize corrupt third world politicians thanks to your infinite ability anyway, no need to target innocents.

Living on the dole would mean getting at best a computer and an internet connection which would allow survival, but no way of traveling or buy nice things (if you earn money, they reduce your amount of money, down to 0 if you cross the minimum living income threshold). Not something I'd want to do.

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
If I'm going to be a lowlife, why is this either or? I'll do both.

Seriously, being the victim of a burglary really sucks. Been decades since it happened to me. A lot of emotional stuff to deal with. Worse than the material crap I lost.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Enough states give folks the right to open fire on intruders in their homes.
Doesn't matter how good you are - going to miss that introverted teenage son with a shotgun he's eager to use.

Dole is safest.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
Enough states give folks the right to open fire on intruders in their homes.
Doesn't matter how good you are - going to miss that introverted teenage son with a shotgun he's eager to use.

Dole is safest.
so I gather that you haven't read the post
assume you have the knack for scouting your target locations so well that you never need to face any sort of confrontation

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
So I could live like this

E1n4aE4.jpg

Or like this

WWa6umJ.jpg

Tough choice. :hmm:

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
This is not a serious thread, but the question must be asked and the question is very simple.

You have two choices:

Option 1: To become an expert cat burglar who abhors violence. Assume you have all the skills needed to perform such a task. assume you have the knack for scouting your target locations so well that you never need to face any sort of confrontation with the people you rob from or the law enforcement authorities. You are that good at this job really.

Option 2: To live on the dole. This is just the basic living off the state's dole option. Assume you have no disabilities whatsoever, but for some godforsaken reason out of your control, you cannot find a honest job no matter how much you try.

Which of these options will you rather choose if you were in either of these situations?

Considering my nephew who is currently under house arrest for this very thing. I'll live off the dole.

*edited to add*

I can take him for walks so its not really house arrest.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Considering my nephew who is currently under house arrest for this very thing. I'll live off the dole.

*edited to add*

I can take him for walks so its not really house arrest.

I thought you already live on the dole? Why not try something new?