Will Truecrypt work with Windows 10?

BirdDad

Golden Member
Nov 25, 2004
I have no problems encrypting my system drive or non system drives and reading them in Windows 8.1.
Will someone try it that is already upgrading with 10 and let us know?
Thanks

BirdDad

Golden Member
Nov 25, 2004
I don't believe that stuff. I will continue to use TC. Anyone serious out there?

Last edited:

stockwiz

Sep 8, 2013
Seems like TPTB might have bought them out and forced them to post these warnings but in truth there's nothing vulnerable about it if you use it properly.

I boot onto hiren's bootcd and run the archive directly off of RAM, eliminating traces of it's presence on a normal windows system.. or at least I used too. I no longer have any truecrypt files.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
"WARNING: Using TrueCrypt is not secure as it may contain unfixed security issues"

This topic has been done to death on these forums already, but I'd just like to point out that every product contains unfixed security issues. Furthermore, "secure" is a relative term as there's no such thing as absolute security.

PS - it's a bit rich for SourceForge to be trying to tell us what is and isn't secure when they're the ones peddling malware-encumbered install packages.

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
This topic has been done to death on these forums already, but I'd just like to point out that every product contains unfixed security issues. Furthermore, "secure" is a relative term as there's no such thing as absolute security.

PS - it's a bit rich for SourceForge to be trying to tell us what is and isn't secure when they're the ones peddling malware-encumbered install packages.
It's certainly possible that it has as-of-yet-undiscovered security issues but the last version has been vetted and nothing worrying was found. The page that a few members keep on referencing is the Dead Man's Switch that the anonymous developers threw up for a reason that will forever be in speculation. At this point in time, it is still safe to use the last version of TrueCrypt. As for Windows 10 support, just like 8 I think it will work as long as the installation uses MBR (limiting volumes to 2TB) rather than UEFI.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It's certainly possible that it has as-of-yet-undiscovered security issues but the last version has been vetted and nothing worrying was found. The page that a few members keep on referencing is the Dead Man's Switch that the anonymous developers threw up for a reason that will forever be in speculation. At this point in time, it is still safe to use the last version of TrueCrypt. As for Windows 10 support, just like 8 I think it will work as long as the installation uses MBR (limiting volumes to 2TB) rather than UEFI.

THIS x100

TC 7.1a is perfectly fine for use. Before throwing out claims its venerable you may want to do your homework.

TC has been audited http://istruecryptauditedyet.com/

and http://betanews.com/2015/04/03/truecrypt-doesnt-contain-nsa-backdoors/ for your reading pleasure.

As far as being compatible with Win10, I would imagine it will be. Cant think of a reason offhand it wouldnt be,