will this damage my monitor screen?

xavier es

Jan 22, 2008
i have some chamois left over from my days as a car guy.
today i used one on my monitor screen., i was surprised to see how well it removed fingerprints and dust. it took some rubbing but i could not see any scratches.
i also used it on a black anodized lian li case and was very pleased how clean and shiny the case was after some rubbing.

does anyone think i will damage my screen?

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
I use paper towels, which should be pretty abrasive, and have yet to mess up the coating on a screen, so I wouldn't worry about it. But, I also don't do touch...I'd probably destroy a monitor via cleaning, if I had to use touch :biggrin:.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
If you treat it gently with a damp chamois and only use plain water, it should be OK.

silicon

Nov 27, 2004
i have some chamois left over from my days as a car guy.
today i used one on my monitor screen., i was surprised to see how well it removed fingerprints and dust. it took some rubbing but i could not see any scratches.
i also used it on a black anodized lian li case and was very pleased how clean and shiny the case was after some rubbing.

does anyone think i will damage my screen?

i use some microfiber cloths obtained from walmart, price is very low, and a 50-50 mix of distilled water and isopropyl alcohol. Its cheap and leaves NO streaks whatsoever.