• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Will this converter work backwards?

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
If you want to plug into a standard CRT tv, that will work if you display adaptor has support for something like 640 x 480 interlaced resolution.. The image quality will suck, though. If you are wanting to plug into an LCD tv, get one that splits the colors from the VGA into 3 seperate RCA connectors for Red Green and Blue, asuming the tv has no VGA or DVI input.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I don't think so. You'd need some sort of VGA box I believe. They are common for game systems like the PS2 or Xbox. New ones like the 360 can output VGA already through the multi-interface A/V connection it has, so you just need a cable. They are pretty expensive too, at least the X2VGA was when I looked at it. Maybe what you need can be a simpler device though.

Unless I'm wrong and a simple cable would work, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on it. I'd just play the DVD directly from my computer if I wanted it on my computer monitor.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Baloo
If you want to plug into a standard CRT tv, that will work if you display adaptor has support for something like 640 x 480 interlaced resolution.. The image quality will suck, though. If you are wanting to plug into an LCD tv, get one that splits the colors from the VGA into 3 seperate RCA connectors for Red Green and Blue, asuming the tv has no VGA or DVI input.
Yep, I've found RGB cables into thew VGA side, butnot forComposite. I think That cable the OP links to has an Svideo cable alongside.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS