Will this audio setup work? PC Xonar ST to Power Amp?

Mysteriouskk1

Aug 13, 2012
I've been having digital audio issues, and I want to go back to Analog audio out from my PC.

Will this setup work?

PC with ASUS Xonar Essence ST plus H6 -> Emotiva UPA-500 Power Amplifier -> 5.1 Speakers

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I've been having digital audio issues, and I want to go back to Analog audio out from my PC.

Will this setup work?

PC with ASUS Xonar Essence ST plus H6 -> Emotiva UPA-500 Power Amplifier -> 5.1 Speakers

why are you having issues with your digital audio?

Mysteriouskk1

Aug 13, 2012
I tried using HDMI out via the graphics card, but that doesn't support resolutions like 2560X1440. Also, if I use optical out via sound card or onboard motherboard, the audio lags when it's connected to my receiver (Yamaha RX-V573).

There is optical delay or something (The audio plays after the video), so I can't use the audio delay function on the receiver.

HDMI audio out seems to work okay, but I then have the resolution problem.

So now I just want to use DVI and analog audio out. That seems to always work 100% of the time.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
that should work, i run 2 1440p monitors over DVI and output sound from a Xonar STX (SPDIF or RCA i honestly cant remember) to an AVR and i dont have any sync issues, however im just running 2.1

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I tried using HDMI out via the graphics card, but that doesn't support resolutions like 2560X1440. Also, if I use optical out via sound card or onboard motherboard, the audio lags when it's connected to my receiver (Yamaha RX-V573).

There is optical delay or something (The audio plays after the video), so I can't use the audio delay function on the receiver.

HDMI audio out seems to work okay, but I then have the resolution problem.

So now I just want to use DVI and analog audio out. That seems to always work 100% of the time.

What is the display you are driving? hdmi 1.3 and up should support that resolution.

Mysteriouskk1

Aug 13, 2012
The only think I don't like about HDMI is that it is just slower for some reason to turn on. I think the handshaking is just slow. Also, HDMI messes up my desktop every time I turn it on and off.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
The only think I don't like about HDMI is that it is just slower for some reason to turn on. I think the handshaking is just slow. Also, HDMI messes up my desktop every time I turn it on and off.

HDCP does that.