Will these two ram sticks work together? EDIT: New question added!

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
You should try to keep to the same kind, but mixing types should work fine too.

Generally you'll default to the speed and timings of the slowest ram of the pair.

stevty2889

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2003
Well it would help if we knew what motherboard you are gonna use them on..and if you are trying to use them together in dual channel mode or not..if you are using a single channel motherboard, then I would say they should almost certainly work together, as long as you have the timings set to that of the slower stick. Dual channel, it's possible, but no gurantees, as it's best to use 2 identical sticks for dual channel, but you really should give more information if you want a good answer, cause we aren't psychic, so we don't know what motherboard you have...

wakawaka

Jan 30, 2005
Msi RS480

I don't care if its in Dual channel or not as its not that significant of an improvement anywho. I just need more than 512 and the memory prices are pretty damn good right now :)

wakawaka

Jan 30, 2005
Actually, another question: Any of you folks think that Corsair prices will fall anytime soon like these other sticks?

wakawaka

Jan 30, 2005
After all this, I just ended up tossing in another $10 at ZipZoomFly for the same kind.

Ah, lol...

Should make my computer a bit faster:

AMD athlon 64 3000 (939)
MSI RS480
512mb ram(1 gb after purchase)
80 gb SATA
40 gb PATA

I've never had a computer with this much ram...should be enjoyable :)