Will the UN ever find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

teddymines

Jul 6, 2001
I don't think so, which will probably anger Bush because he's intent on finding an excuse to attack.

Think about it: If Iraq was creating or stockpiling these weapons, don't you think they could be hidden virtually anywhere? The UN is looking at industrial facilities, gov buildings and palaces. They aren't checking people's homes, in caves, etc. Weapons could even be buried under a concrete slab and then jackhammered out a few days before they need them. They could be buried in an unused septic tank.

I just have a real bad feeling that Iraq took a lot of smart steps to cover their tracks, if indeed they do possess these weapons.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
I doubt they will. Hussein's a despot, not an idiot.

Unlike some people in this country.

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
i saw on one of the news stations a few minutes ago that they found mustard gas. Does that count?

BTW, i check cnn.com and nothing on itright now

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
I was just watching one of the news programs and they said they found a stockpile of Mustard Gas. It wasn't of any concern because it hadn't moved since the last time they checked years ago.

I thought chemical weapons were banned? I don't get this.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: MajesticMoose
i saw on one of the news stations a few minutes ago that they found mustard gas. Does that count?

BTW, i check cnn.com and nothing on itright now

If I recall correctly, Iraq has admitted to having...mustard gas, I think, in the past.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
No they won't find weapons, but the US will make sure something happens or another.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Zakath15
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
No they won't find weapons, but the US will make sure something happens or another.

Joy.

I just tell it how it is. :D
I mean we didn't go deploy our ships and men to the Persian Gulf for nothing.

And for the crazy pro-war nazis, I shall rephrase "Iraq will do something, that the US will claim is reason enough to go to war" Better?

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
My brother was just sent out with Truman's battle group. He is on a destroyer and they are not happy going over there. He says the whole ship has a bad feeling. He is a 18 year man and this should be his last 6 month before he retires. It makes all of my family kind of nervous and we pray we don't go to war because American's will die and it has to be someone's child. Peace

Grasshopper27

Banned
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: jukamafleka14
Rocket Launchers! Oh no those are pepper grinders. Yeah right give me a break.

No kidding...

The modern M-2 Bradley's are well equipped to withstand such small potatos...

Grasshopper

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Bush doesn't care if they find anything or not, finding something will just make his job easier.

Zipp

Apr 7, 2001
In my opinion,we should go in or help there people remove Saddam and his whole regime whether or not they have WMD. I'm sure the Iraqi people very much want freedoms like we have but just can't say it publicly cause they will be beaten or they'll just disappear. The Middle East overal would be better off without him especially cause he is getting older now and some day he may go off the deep end again and who knows what he will use.

They been living under that tyrant for to long and a change is in order.

bsd

Banned
Oct 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK

i profoundly disagree with that sentiment, for mny reason, and I will be proved right, because im almost always right. they will find a petri dish or worse and there will be a war.

bsd

Banned
Oct 31, 2002
Originally posted by: optoman
My brother was just sent out with Truman's battle group. He is on a destroyer and they are not happy going over there. He says the whole ship has a bad feeling. He is a 18 year man and this should be his last 6 month before he retires. It makes all of my family kind of nervous and we pray we don't go to war because American's will die and it has to be someone's child. Peace

why the fug is he in the forces if he isnt prepared to risk his life, for an easy wage?

fluxquantum

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2000
bush wants war. either way we will go to war whether we find WMD or not. bush is avenging his father.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Originally posted by: fluxquantum
bush wants war. either way we will go to war whether we find WMD or not. bush is avenging his father.

Exactly!

And why are we not hearing anything about Osama anymore? There is a failed effort. This morning our people found a huge terrorist bomb in a mosque in Kabul. Why would Al Qaeda want to blow up a mosque, if not to bring attention to Afghanistan and show how easily they can move about and reek havoc at will, right under our noses?

While Bush is all worked up about Saddam, Afghanistan is going to fall back to the way it was before 9/11/01, and there is nothing we are doing to prevent it.

Bush, to me, is a foreign policy disaster. As well as a domestic fiduciary failure.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
Originally posted by: fluxquantum

Exactly!

And why are we not hearing anything about Osama anymore? There is a failed effort. This morning our people found a huge terrorist bomb in a mosque in Kabul. Why would Al Qaeda want to blow up a mosque, if not to bring attention to Afghanistan and show how easily they can move about and reek havoc at will, right under our noses.

While Bush is all worked up about Saddam, Afghanistan is going to fall back to the way it was before 9/11/01, and there is nothing we are doing to prevent it.

Bush, to me, is a foreign policy desaster. As well as a domestic fudiciary failure.

Apparently, they have a problem blowing up mosques under our noses. "disaster, fiduciary"

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
<< Will the UN ever find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?>>

For some reason, I get the feeling it doesn't matter.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
A wise man from our forums once said, "We'll find the evidence even if we have to plant it ourselves". I'm not accusing anyone of anything just yet but there's credibility to Iraq's claims the U.S. was meddling with the previous inspection process.

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000
I mean didnt bush say he had proof they had WMD? than why does he just not show it to everyone..... I mean i guess he lied, he'll just fabricate proof and hit iraq hoping nobody will have the time to look at his fake "proof" before it's inconsequential.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Originally posted by: bsd

why the fug is he in the forces if he isnt prepared to risk his life, for an easy wage?

What a stupid thing to say. You don' t think he's already prepared to risk his life if he's been in there for 18 years?
Obviously the concern arises in the fact that he only has 6 months left and we're possibly facing a very serious war.

bsd

Banned
Oct 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Phuz
Originally posted by: bsd

What a stupid thing to say. You don' t think he's already prepared to risk his life if he's been in there for 18 years?
Obviously the concern arises in the fact that he only has 6 months left and we're possibly facing a very serious war.

well thats the job, he should have gotten a job transfer earlier if he was worried like in a cliched cop movie, and everyone knows how they end.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Rumsfeld has already started conditioning the public on this issue, stating it is unlikely we will find something without Iraqs cooperation, so if we find something we are justified in attacking and if we do not we are justified by obfuscation. We may or may not attack on this, but whatever happens, we are now justified in our own eyes.