Its not allowed in the US
Hopefully some good soul:| will host it on goole vid or sometin

morrisbj

Nov 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Xylitol
No
Its not allowed in the US
Hopefully some good soul:| will host it on goole vid or sometin

It is a lethal injection, it wouldn't exactly make good TV. A Utah firing squad execution however, might be worth seeing for the shock factor.

Finns14

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2005
Hey how does one become a moderator for the forum also I'm on late night on the forums is the night crew just a little something you guys put in ur sigs or is there more?

Topic is dead so I figured I would not waste the thread and ask Xylitol

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Finns14
OIC what does the law say you can watch it in person but not on TV???

Very few people can actually witness executions. It's my understanding that they have to be relevant to the victim or involved in the case in some fashion.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

Probably the same reason you can look at naked groin areas in real life but can't show it on TV.

Toonces

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2000
they're all mods, don't talk about the mods

don't ask to be one either!

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Hey how does one become a moderator for the forum also I'm on late night on the forums is the night crew just a little something you guys put in ur sigs or is there more?

Topic is dead so I figured I would not waste the thread and ask Xylitol

PM soso

Finns14

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Nik

Probably the same reason you can look at naked groin areas in real life but can't show it on TV.

Well actually on Cable TV you are allowed to watch watever you want its just common practice among cable tv channels to follow the same standards as noncable

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005

Well actually on Cable TV you are allowed to watch watever you want its just common practice among cable tv channels to follow the same standards as noncable

Hmmmmmm...

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: bradruth

Very few people can actually witness executions. It's my understanding that they have to be relevant to the victim or involved in the case in some fashion.

You are correct. You need to be a state approved witness for the prosecution or friend/family of the soon to be deceased. I have a slot in an upcoming execution, if and when it happens.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

TV != cable

Finns14

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2005
How do you think HBO shows what they do or sometimes on late night they have things uncut or uncensored? LOL did you all think the laws disappered late at night.

whistleclient

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2001

this is not true at all. Cable TV channels do not choose to follow the same standards as noncable. also, with regards to executions: the US Supreme Court would not allow a televised in the 80s despite the inmate being okay with it. i believe it falls under "cruel and unsual punishment", even if the inmate agrees.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: illusion88
Only 5 people will witness his death, as per his request.

That's only the amount "in his allotment." State witnesses, including some of the family members of the people he killed are permitted to attend.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Lethal injection is boring. Bring back lynching and firing squad and I'll reconsider getting the execution channel.