Will the next stimulus bill be passed by March 14? And, when will this end?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Hey... Be nice....
It takes an 78 year old man more time to walk ALL THAT WAY down that hall to the oval office.

Seriously.... it is soooo very nice to have the big boys back in charge? They got this done and without allowing the republicans to screw this up like they always have tried to do. Republicans cry WE WERE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE PART. Well Mitch McConnell, YOU'RE BUSTED. Joe Biden knows, every democrat in the house and senate knows that it was never an issue of republican involvement, it was the democrats refusing to allow republicans to screw this up. Had republicans been allowed involvement, they would have argued every single aspect of this stimulus bill. Republicans would have not liked the $1400 checks (too much money), republicans would not have liked the money to the states, republicans would have not liked ANYTHING about this bill and would have argued and nitpicked and argued the bill until August 2021. THEN.... not one republicans would have voted for the bill in the end anyway, not a single one even after getting every concession that they wanted republicans still would have refused to support the final bill. WHY????? Because.... THAT is what republicans in congress do. And Joe Biden knew that, knows that, and thus Joe Biden proceeded without one single republican support. And THAT is EXACTLY the way IT SHOULD BE, for democrats to PROCEED. Never trust these back-stabbers. Never trust a republican in congress. Remember, even the so called middle of the road Mitt Romney did not support this bill. Remember THAT about Romney, and remember that about Susan Collins, and remember that about Lisa Murkowski.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I like how Biden followed through with what the people wanted and even trump called for by delivering the balance of the 2K. Since it was Biden that delivered it now all the FOX News types suddenly hate it.

Here is Covid-19 stimulus breakdown the WSJ put together.

Reactions: Captante

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
When I watched the press conference this afternoon President Biden said that he would be signing it shortly so I hope that means tonight during prime time. :D

• Love
Reactions: Captante

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
With ample vaccine on the near term horizon and 2T in stim the economy is going to launch like a Saturn V.

I dare say this doesn't absolve our country of the pending eviction... crisis. Nor the miss on retail making their loan payments after loss of revenue for so long. Still a lot of pain out there to settle.

Nov 8, 2012
I dare say this doesn't absolve our country of the pending eviction... crisis. Nor the miss on retail making their loan payments after loss of revenue for so long. Still a lot of pain out there to settle.

Don't worry though! You can trust the gooberment to fix ev3rythinng

It's going to be pretty hilarious. 30M that are months and months behind on rent. Landlords that are hanging on by a penny because of those tenants.

There is zero bailout that can cover that magnitude. Zero.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

It's going to be pretty hilarious. 30M that are months and months behind on rent. Landlords that are hanging on by a penny because of those tenants.

great,

so "do nothing because it's better than perfect" wins again!

It's a wonder why the GOP is so universally unpopular, amiright?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

And on such a statement, I would focus on the one thing we can and should be doing. Protect the people. Even if it comes at some expense to the owner of property. Life must come first in a crisis. Exactly the sort of thing a government can do. We should live in a society where food on the table and a roof over head can never be compromised.

Reactions: Meghan54

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
And on such a statement, I would focus on the one thing we can and should be doing. Protect the people. Even if it comes at some expense to the owner of property. Life must come first in a crisis. Exactly the sort of thing a government can do. We should live in a society where food on the table and a roof over head can never be compromised.
good luck convincing republicans that people are more than property ;)

Nov 8, 2012

What do you think happens when the landlord can't pay - and the mortgage bank forecloses and takes possession? First thing they are doing is kicking out the tenant - and they aren't bound by any rules of a lease.... they don't have one lol.

That and just because someone is a property owner doesn't mean they can't lose their own house since they aren't making income any longer....

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004

30M people, and lets say 10 months behind on rent, and the median rent is around $1,000/month in the US. That is $300 billion dollars. So yes, a bailout can clearly cover that magnitude, considering we are in the process of passing $1.9 trillion stimulus package, that would be about 15% of that package.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
lol fucking toolbag progressives. They can talk shit - say they are going to do stuff - but when it comes time to actually play ball what do they do? Make a virtue signal via Twitter - and saying "OH! IF only there was something I could do?!"

lol perfect response to these morons:

all or nothing is a very big gamble, and it absolutely would not have paid off.

Reactions: dank69

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
lol fucking toolbag progressives. They can talk shit - say they are going to do stuff - but when it comes time to actually play ball what do they do? Make a virtue signal via Twitter - and saying "OH! IF only there was something I could do?!"

lol perfect response to these morons:

People on Twitter are so fucking stupid. The idea that they were going to block the bill until the Senate gave them the $15 minimum wage is a fantasy.

I mean seriously who is dumb enough to believe that, other than apparently you and that Twitter person? The logic is simple - who wanted that COVID bill more, Joe Manchin or House progressives? House progressives by a mile. Their leverage was zero.

Reactions: zzyzxroad
Nov 8, 2012
all or nothing is a very big gamble, and it absolutely would not have paid off.

All or nothing? Do you have this odd misconception that bills magically die and cannot be revived using the same exact language and subsequently passed in record timing when asses are lit on fire?

lol they really have convinced you. OH WOE IS ME! Lets virtue signal on our Twitter handle and make-believe that there is nothing we can do!

there is sincerely nothing more accurate than this:

1615422358446.png

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
30M people, and lets say 10 months behind on rent, and the median rent is around $1,000/month in the US. That is $300 billion dollars. So yes, a bailout can clearly cover that magnitude, considering we are in the process of passing $1.9 trillion stimulus package, that would be about 15% of that package.
Estimates of back rent owed are about a quarter of that - roughly $50 billion back in January. Presumably more now, but nowhere near $300 billion.

The COVID bill already gives about $25 billion in rent relief so far.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
All or nothing? Do you have this odd misconception that bills magically die and cannot be revived using the same exact language and subsequently passed in record timing when asses are lit on fire?

lol they really have convinced you. OH WOE IS ME! Lets virtue signal on our Twitter handle and make-believe that there is nothing we can do!

there is sincerely nothing more accurate than this:

View attachment 40908
Exactly what should Democrats do to convince Joe Manchin to vote for a $15 minimum wage? Be specific.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
@s0me0nesmind1 is so cute in his rage against the machine. If only he was so mad about treasonous do nothing GQP.
I think it’s funny how the democrats just passed the largest economic aid package in history, aimed squarely at the middle and lower class, and because it didn’t include a minimum wage hike apparently it’s crap.

To me it’s pretty transparently dishonest, I doubt he actually believes what he’s writing here. If he does through well wow, that is one stupid, stupid individual.

Reactions: Meghan54

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, I'm just glad that Joe Biden IS NOT Barack Obama when it comes to trusting republicans. Obama wasted years of his administration believing that republicans would play fair, and then and much too late, Obama realized that republicans were not playing fair nor did they intend to. I see the makings of a truly great president in Joe Biden, much different from Obama and not falling for the Mitch McConnell games that republicans play. However, Joe does piss me off from time to time. ;)

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
imrs.php

Dems need to plaster this figure everywhere, and maybe it will start to sink in who is better for working class Americans.