Will the Nazi flag make a comeback 100yrs after WWII, just like the Confederate flag did 100yrs after the Civil War?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

Civil War: 1861-1865
100 yrs = 1961

South Carolina didn’t start flying the Confederate flag at its state capitol until 1962. :eek:

WWII: 1939-1945
100 yrs = 2039

i think i will be alive during that time (barely).
i will definitely NECRO this thread! :eek: :p

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Well, you've got that going for you.

krzdevC0c_QlR5BCW4kjd_GqeWbFNRnyJedl1YPb1SGmYmaBSJcvEi4XViSNfsz1igattxtjk3b236iWzP3H0FeGRbEKjMRuQ1TRFnBtC_z-KUPR8_rT0awhuNQgNaPHrhohg3O2idqMcA

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It can happen if the other folks of the nation allow it. Meanwhile the Nazis are busy manipulating what they can in the body politic to "normalize" their existence like Trump did with his.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
See, that's the thing. In post-WWII Germany, they banned Nazi symbols. They taught their children in schools that the Nazis were bad and were a dark stain on their history. They did this almost immediately after the war ended. Part of it is they were shamed and humiliated over losing the war. Just like the south did.

But far from shamed and humiliated, white southerns simply refuse to let go of romanticizing the confederacy, even 150 years later.

Just consider one aspect which ought to be parallel but isn't. The German generals were, at least initially, tactically and strategically more adept than were their adversaries. You'd think what, German pride, would lead Germans to celebrate these generals. Except they don't, with the sometime singular exception of Rommel who did, after all, participate in a plot to assassinate Hitler!

But in the south, they puff out their chests in pride, claiming "our generals were better than their generals!" Never mind if that is or isn't historically accurate. Either way, it isn't something to celebrate. Indeed, had the German generals been totally inept, it would have been better for everyone, including Germany, as the war would have ended earlier and possibly saved millions of lives. Similarly with the confederate generals, it would have been better for all involved had that war ended more swiftly.

Sadly, this obsession with venerating the confederacy has only one possible explanation: that the racism which created and nourished the institution of slavery hasn't ever really left the south. If it had, they would have gotten rid of all this stuff on their own, long before liberals ever asked them to. They would have gotten rid of it out of shame, just as the Germans did because of their own shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickqt

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
This is another animal.
Germany was poor as fuck, that gave rise to that clusterfuck.
America is not poor. If anything, you know what land to invade to get the riches. You need to invade America, good news, you are already there, no go find the Ruperts And Kochs and shake them till the pennies start dropping.

Reactions: Muse

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

Civil War: 1861-1865
100 yrs = 1961

South Carolina didn’t start flying the Confederate flag at its state capitol until 1962. :eek:

WWII: 1939-1945
100 yrs = 2039

i think i will be alive during that time (barely).
i will definitely NECRO this thread! :eek: :p
Not sure about the flag but it's taking the Democrats less than a 100 years to bring back fascist control and tactics.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Not sure about the flag but it's taking the Democrats less than a 100 years to bring back fascist control and tactics.

you really like ignoring history don't you? as if in some magical land, modern republicans stayed true to the party of 1860.

because you know, the party of 1860 freed slaves. the modern one wants to keep black people in slavery in all but name.

Reactions: blankslate

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
you really like ignoring history don't you? as if in some magical land, modern republicans stayed true to the party of 1860.

because you know, the party of 1860 freed slaves. the modern one wants to keep black people in slavery in all but name.
Funny that's not what YOUR candidate, Joe Biden, says. Something about if you don't vote for him, you ain't black or something about poor kids could be as smart as white kids. He talks as if he would have no problems fitting in during the 1850's in Alabama.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Late 1960s - early 1970s hipsters in London wore full blown Gestapo uniforms, mainly to bother their parents.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Funny that's not what YOUR candidate, Joe Biden, says. Something about if you don't vote for him, you ain't black or something about poor kids could be as smart as white kids. He talks as if he would have no problems fitting in during the 1850's in Alabama.

Please let me know when Joe Biden has racists on his staff who advise on racist policy.
Until then, conservatives are stuck with Trump, Bannon (RIP), sessions (RIP), and Stephen fucking Miller.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Nothing more fascist then having the military shoot and gas unarmed peaceful protesters exercising their 1A rights.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

jesus fucking christ

Reactions: JEDIYoda

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I would bet you if trump wins aniother 4 more years there will be a Trump flag,,,,,,,

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Yeah.... I had thought Germany banned Nazi crap long ago. I guess America has to learn its lesson with banning of civil war confederate crap. I have a feeling this battle to "correct" race relations within America is going to take some time and will become quite violent here and there. BUT.... in the end we will all enjoy a MUCH BETTER AMERICA for having gone thru this protesting and intermittent violence. Some things are worth the price, and race equality is definitely worth the price.

And remember.... Donald Trump "could" take some credit if he was smart enough to do that. Donald Trump has always said that he did more for Black's than any other president in current time. Well, I certainly have noticed more minorities of color getting jobs and being employed. I don't know why this has changed since Trump took office but a lot more minorities are working and getting a paycheck. So.... when one suddenly has opportunities and a feeling of normalcy with working and earring a living, that is a good thing. Right? And it is them when you as a minority and as the productive of society then realize you should be treated the same as everyone else and that includes BY THE POLICE. So..... given THAT, then Donald Trump "could" play it smart and just say that the protesting and rioting is a good thing because Donald Trump gave minorities a job thus the logical conclusion would be to earn and fight for "RESPECT" from society, AND FROM THE POLICE.

Lets face it.... at this point those that would prefer to hold on to those confederate artifacts and hold dear to the heart those confederate memories of flags and statues, well they must GIVE IT UP. Just as Germany gave up the very hint of a failed German leader as Adolf Hitler, Americans must give up our failed confederate past. The north DID WIN that war, if you remember.... Sorry you misguided confederate morons, but you are on the wrong side of history AND that is that!!!!!