Will Someone Please Shut The Gonzalez Family Up (Elian Is GONE-Get Over It)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Psychoholic

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< These people should be judged on their character not their criminal record... >>

In a situation such as this you have to judge someone on their past. What else are you supposed to base it on, the future???

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999

<< thank you for showing your bias against Hispanics... >>

I'm prejudice because I said that non-law-abiding citizens in Little Havana will probably raise a common thug? I hardly think so. I would have said the same thing about white, black, Indian, or purple people.

Your prejudice against Cuba runs so deep that you don't even realize the parents rights to their child. China thinks their gov. is the best, so what would you do if you were there with your child and they took him from you? Would you let them keep him since your gov. is unfit?

As far as Castro being an unfit father...he lives with his natural father. I don't think Castro changed his diapers or stayed up when he was sick.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
If you have a married and have a child. If you file for divorce, believe me, your past record will matter when it comes to custody. DWI/DUI - 90% chance you won't get sole custody. It may be different if you were 16 and haven't had another charge and your 50 now, but the fact is records do matter!

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
we could go back and forth about this forever so were just gonna have to agree to disagree but let me say this, what has transpired in this situation is nothing short of a travesty with a little boy suffering for the political ideals of his native land. it is really sad to see that castro can't see past his pride to the streets of Havana and his people who are starving in them.

- Bigvince

Psychoholic

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< what has transpired in this situation is nothing short of a travesty >>

That's your opinion, IMO it was justice.

I'm Typing
Thank you for insightful and thoughful comment.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Ya sure a judge will let someone sue the Attorny General ... If he does, he will get disbared and suddenly he lied or something :p

(The lie thing is how they would cover up him getting disbared)

DonaldDuck82

Banned
Sep 14, 2000
Y'all have got it all wrong. Elian was not illegal; maybe if you studied US history a little more thoroughly you would realize that Elian was legal, since he was not brought ashore by the Federal Government. And about the Father, he was from Cuba which is a Communist country. In a Communist country, such as CUBA the state is the father, no the biological parent. Anyway I hope that the Gonzaleses win the law suit and make our government suffer for it. Justice does not have a price tag for me.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Make sure that the settlement comes out of your tax dollars not mine! BTW, hope you pay a lot of taxes. You can go ahead and foot the bill for the millions that was spent when he first came here too.

Since he was &quot;legal&quot; because he was not brought aboard by the federal government, does that mean that if I go out in my boat and pull people from the water and bring them here they are &quot;legal.&quot; If so, why are the stowaways sent back when they are found? Someone else brings them here.

Psychoholic

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Now we're basing this discussion off a Disney Character!!!!! :D :D :D

Are you sure you not biased because you met Elian's relatives when they took him to Disney World?? Donald and Vince you two need to go on and read some more of those &quot;newspapers&quot; you guys seem to find. I heard the new National Enquirer is out!!

Topher

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< The cause of the Roman Empire collapse was war, and weak leaders. >>

Some historians believe lead poisoning helped it along.

<< My argument is this; the courts should have had the child's best interest in mind, now what was in the child's best interest? >>

Apparently you believe that it is in the best interest of the child to be taken away from his father, probably forever, so that he can grow up in a foreign country.

<< what has transpired in this situation is nothing short of a travesty with a little boy suffering for the political ideals of his native land. >>

Or more accurately, a little boy suffering as a pawn in the big game of politices by ssome greedy relatives who obviously didn't consider Elian's best interests as highly as they did their own political agenda.

Cuba is not Communist, it is under a dictatorship. Learn your PoliSci.

Tee explained it perfectly with his explanation. I would hire mercenaries to get my kid back from any realtives who held him for their own personal political agenda. And I wouldn't feel bad about it either.

That being said, I return you to &quot;The Bay of Pigs II&quot; starring bigvince and DonaldDuck82.

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Once I start paying taxes I hope I dont have to help contribute to money grubbing B!tches like the Gonzales family whining about something they have no rights over.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
You truely are a fukwit Bigvince. My brother has a wife who is vientamese, &amp; she has relatives back home who truelly beleives no one works in the US, they just go to work &amp; gossip, because that's what they see on Melrose place everynight on the telly. You remind me of them in that you beleive every little bit of loony right-wing propanga there is. Only thing is you are much more of a fukwit, because they think like that because they live in a isolated 3rd world nation, where as you have no excuse.

tgillitzr

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
just a few words...
ignorance is very entertaining

having said that..
Bigvince... your posts are very entertaining to read.

DaddyG

Banned
Mar 24, 2000
Three one-way plane tickets to Cuba settles this situation. The Gonzalez family took advantage of Elian for the almighty dollar. They paraded him around like a freak at an old time circus. His life in Cuba is stable, his eduction will be better than the US. The fact is his mother made the trip to be with her boyfriend !! Any parent with half a brain would not subject his/her child to the dangers of a small boat in rough seas.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
We mustn't forget that even though Cubans have the same life expectancies as Americans (actually Cuban men live 1 year longer, &amp; Cuban women 1 year less)***SBS World Guide, when it comes to Latinos &amp; Blacks, life expectancies in Cuba are heaps better than the US. So its an odds on favorite that little Evian will have a longer &amp; healthier (yes they have cradle to grave free healthcare in Cuba) life than he would in the US (probably less junk food too).

Plus as DaddyG pointed out he could even end up having a good education down there too (they have cradle to grave free education too).