Will Schiit Fulla or Hel be a significant upgrade from the Creative X3 for 2.1 Speakers? (not headphones)

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Will either the Schiit Fulla or Hel be a significant upgrade to the creative X3 for just 2.1 speakers? I like the Creative X3 a lot but was wondering if either were worth the upgrade coming from Creative X3? (Just looking for a boost to my Logitech Z323 since I can't have something much louder in my house)

Thank you in advanced.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Err isn't that more of a headphone amp? And what do you mean by boost?

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Err isn't that more of a headphone amp? And what do you mean by boost?
That's what I am confused about. I always thought that but my friend insist it should work fine with 2.1 spekers so I really don't know I never owned one.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
That's what I am confused about. I always thought that but my friend insist it should work fine with 2.1 spekers so I really don't know I never owned one.

The speakers you have can only do so much, so upgrading the dac is a waste of time.

How much room do you have on your table, can you put something like this? This is two 5.25", compared to one 4" "subwoofer" on your logitech.

You already have a Creative X3 right? It's fine.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
The speakers you have can only do so much, so upgrading the dac is a waste of time.

How much room do you have on your table, can you put something like this? This is two 5.25", compared to one 4" "subwoofer" on your logitech. Okay, I like that! this is my desk btw. Not sure how big those speakers really are.

Okay I like that! not sure how big the speakers really are. This is my desk
Desk.jpg

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Okay I like that! not sure how big the speakers really are. This is my desk
View attachment 44116

If you decide to go with the monoprice speakers you'll have to shift your setup left. But you should have enough room since you won't have the bass module of the logitech.

Each speaker is 7.3" x 10.3" x 8.0" (185 x 261 x 203 mm)

They also have smaller ones like 4" woofers so obviously the enclosure will be smaller.

You have limited desktop, should move the computer under the table, same with the ups? on the left.

Active monitors are also an option.

Like Adam T5V xd

Last edited:

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
If you decide to go with go with the monoprice speakers you'll have to shift your setup left. But you should have enough room since you won't have the bass module of the logitech.

Each speaker is 7.3" x 10.3" x 8.0" (185 x 261 x 203 mm)

They also have smaller ones like 4" woofers so obviously the enclosure will be smaller.

You have limited desktop, should move the computer under the table, same with the ups? on the left
That's the modem on the Left and I don't want to move the PC under the table honestly but I will look into the Speakers you recommended thank you

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
That's the modem on the Left and I don't want to move the PC under the table honestly but I will look into the Speakers you recommended thank you

It's up to you of course, just looking at the desktop space you have to work with. Time to break out the tape measure.

Ideally the plane formed by the front face of the speakers should be closer to you than the monitor screen.

Last edited: