Will I see a difference in quality of these HDMI cables?

leglez

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2005
I am about to order a HDMI cable to connect my xbox to my LCD and not sure which one to buy. It is going to be in 720p so I doubt I will see a difference but just want to make sure. I would prefer the longer one. But if there will be more quality in the shorter one i'll get that.

6' HDMI Cable $5.24

15' HDMI cable $6.52

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
A digital signal is a digital signal. There shouldn't be any difference in quality unless the build quality differs greatly between cables. I usually go for the absolute shortest I can use. I hate having lots of cable slack.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
No difference at all. Digital doesn't degrade like analog does. You'll get the exact same signal from both of those cables. But it does suck to be just an inch or two short, so get one with a little slack in it.

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
hey like davey & islandboi said. the signal is digital. Your box/tv will either receive the signal, or get no signal at all. that should be the factor when you choose your cable. there will be no degredation. $150.00 at bestbuy in the store for a monstercable brand, or generic brand online at monoprice.com for $20.00.

Up to you.