Will Hillary's landslide victory over Trump be the biggest in modern times?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
The United States Presidential Election of 1972 was held on November 7, and led to the victory of the Republican candidate, Richard Nixon, over the Democratic candidate, George McGovern, by a landslide. With a margin of 23.15%, this is the 4th largest margin of victory in U.S. Presidential election history.

Hillary needs 62% vs Trumps 38% to beat that record.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Nothing is over atm, there will be no landslide victory.

Still have not filled in out my ballot yet, but have it.

Last edited:

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I sure hope so. I'm no Democrat but I want to see the Republican party soundly beaten, they've earned it. Anything less and it might come back to life. This iteration of the Republican party has disgraced itself beyond redemption.

It's become the white supremacist party.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I sure hope so. I'm no Democrat but I want to see the Republican party soundly beaten, they've earned it. Anything less and it might come back to life. This iteration of the Republican party has disgraced itself beyond redemption.

It's become the white supremacist party.

It's been the white nationalist party since the realignment after civil rights. It just became increasingly unfashionable to wear in publicly until trump brought it back in style.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
It's been the white nationalist party since the realignment after civil rights. It just became increasingly unfashionable to wear in publicly until trump brought it back in style.

Oh, I know my history, very well... it's just that in the past they cloaked (heh) their racism and kept the dog whistles to sub-sonic levels. Now, as you've noted, Trump has made taking off the 'cloaks' fashionable.

No denying it now, it's all about white men retaining power over a changing nation.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Oh, I know my history, very well... it's just that in the past they cloaked (heh) their racism and kept the dog whistles to sub-sonic levels. Now, as you've noted, Trump has made taking off the 'cloaks' fashionable.

No denying it now, it's all about white men retaining power over a changing nation.

large.gif

It is a bit odd to watch how some people are reacting.

Little joke there, I'm being more abstract than usual.

I skipped the KKK reference in favor of a GOP fattened horny toad :)

Last edited:

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
Yes, well, lately it seems that individualism and equality of opportunity have become synonynous with "white supremacy."

Equal distribution of misery? That's so zero-sum.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
This election is different in many aspects, and one of the differences is that BOTH candidates, in their own way, are pretty bad.
HRC is not the candidate where we "enthusiastically" run to the voting booth either. This is likely speaking against a massive landslide win. If she wins, than because Dump is so incredibly bad and disliked by many that they vote "in a panic" rather against Trump than "for Hillary". There is also still the potential of poor voter turnout (for the Dems) which hopefully won't happen...and of course diehard Sanders supporters who are so stupid to vote for Stein or Johnson since their "principles" have precedence over reality. I still totally think H will win, but not likely in the landslide that Trump would actually deserve/see in any other circumstances.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't think anyone should be comfortable in their beds, saying anything is absolute, at this point. Anyone saying certain things can never happen, should not be putting money on anything. As I've stated a few times around here, I wish we had different candidates. There are things that could still happen to either of them, depending on what additional skeletons are dug up and the severity of their nature. All the pundits said Trump was never going to make it as far as he did. Others were predicting that Hillary would be brought down by the FBI. Both candidates escaped their predicted dooms, glooms and gallows, for the time being. I'm not going to discount that either candidate could lose, based on some new shocking revelation, but I think, for the most part, the majority of the dirt has been excavated....on both.

Here is what might be lurking, as unpopular and unfavorable as both of these candidates are- the silent voters. There are people out there, on both sides, who will not claim to support either candidate. They don't want to be embarrassed, berated, or called ugly names. I tend to think more Trump supporters fall into this group, than Hillary supporters. I, personally don't think this election is going to be close. Whoever wins is going to win by a landslide and people are going to be shocked. I'm not making any predictions right now, but I sense the quiet current that is running below the media radar. For the first time in my life, I don't believe THESE polls are going to be very accurate, or predictive.

My opinion, of course.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I don't think anyone should be comfortable in their beds, saying anything is absolute, at this point. Anyone saying certain things can never happen, should not be putting money on anything. As I've stated a few times around here, I wish we had different candidates. There are things that could still happen to either of them, depending on what additional skeletons are dug up and the severity of their nature. All the pundits said Trump was never going to make it as far as he did. Others were predicting that Hillary would be brought down by the FBI. Both candidates escaped their predicted dooms, glooms and gallows, for the time being. I'm not going to discount that either candidate could lose, based on some new shocking revelation, but I think, for the most part, the majority of the dirt has been excavated....on both.

Here is what might be lurking, as unpopular and unfavorable as both of these candidates are- the silent voters. There are people out there, on both sides, who will not claim to support either candidate. They don't want to be embarrassed, berated, or called ugly names. I tend to think more Trump supporters fall into this group, than Hillary supporters. I, personally don't think this election is going to be close. Whoever wins is going to win by a landslide and people are going to be shocked. I'm not making any predictions right now, but I sense the quiet current that is running below the media radar. For the first time in my life, I don't believe THESE polls are going to be very accurate.

If there are any silent voters out there, I'd bet would be on Hillarys side of the fence.

Trump fans tend to be pretty vocal and annoying.

There is no silent Trump stealth group lurking.

Unless you mean the stealth donations that has slid in the Trump coffers from donations lately.

I doubt that will matter a lot.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
If there are any silent voters out there, I'd bet would be on Hillarys side of the fence.

Trump fans tend to be pretty vocal and annoying.

There is no silent Trump stealth group lurking.

Unless you mean the stealth donations that has slid in the Trump coffers from donations lately.

I doubt that will matter a lot.

I'm not even trying to play politics here, just saying I don't know what I don't know and that, possibly, factors I don't understand could be at play.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
If we're already speculating about a landslide, a ls win for Trump for me is mathematically alone not possible. Not with key demographics which I can't see voting Trump. I am sorry, there are simply not enough of the "typical Trump voters" out there to offset missing Blacks, Latinos, women etc.

On the other hand, remember Brexit. I am still saying it will come down to voter turnout.

Admittedly, disgruntled Bernie supporters, many folks who simply dislike H although being Dems etc..etc..don't speak in H's favour. It's just an odd election in many aspects.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
If we're already speculating about a landslide, a ls win for Trump for me is mathematically alone not possible. Not with key demographics which I can't see voting Trump. I am sorry, there are simply not enough of the "typical Trump voters" out there to offset missing Blacks, Latinos, women etc.

On the other hand, remember Brexit. I am still saying it will come down to voter turnout.

Admittedly, disgruntled Bernie supporters, many folks who simply dislike H although being Dems etc..etc..don't speak in H's favour. It's just an odd election in many aspects.

Odd election indeed. You brought up some additional factors, for sure. We won't know the true weight of them until the votes are cast.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I watch Pence.
I watch him speak. I watch Pence defend Donald Trump even after the sex on a bus tape.
And I find Pence appalling. Sinisterly evil.
The kind of evil that perverts religion into self-righteous superiority.
Frankly, I find Mike Pence more threatening than Donald Trump.
No kidding...
And the combination of the two is nothing less than abominable.
With the culpability of pure evil and total destruction that we have not experienced since Nazi Germany.
And the German people too missed all the signs.

You cannot compare Donald Trump to Hillary Clinton.
Cannot make the claim they are both flawed candidates.
One candidate has made her mistakes and from time to time poor judgement, but the other ticket poses the same threat to the American fabric as did Adolf Hitler pose to the German nation.
And I find it shocking no matter what Trump and Pence say or do or have done in the past, still so many can enthusatically support the two.
THAT to me is absolutely unAmerican.

I do expect a huge Clinton landslide. I sure hope so.
If not, a squeakier win by Hillary simply won't do it.
To realize that nearly a winning majority had voted Trump/Pence makes me ill.
And even if Hillary should win, and that win is not in a full blown landslide, it will be just a matter of time until America becomes America no more.
A squeaker win simply won't do it.
Hillary must win be an enormous landslide.
Otherwise, what's the point?
We're just putting off the enviable for another day, for another election.

I believe republicans like Paul Ryan and John McCain and so many other establishment republicans are just now realizing this reality.
It is not enough to say you will not support Trump/Pence but also cannot support Hillary Clinton.
That would be like turning and looking the other way.
Exactly the same way that Adolf Hitler came to power.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymouseUser

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I don't think it'll be a landslide. The GOP are retarded and they love it. They'll vote for Trump no matter what. It's an act of defiance.. "we can be as stupid, as racist, as sexist as we wanna be and fuck you libtards".

I am nervous about the election honestly. But we'll see.. only 2-3 swing states can decide it all.

Reactions: AnonymouseUser

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Well, it's over... I just heard on the radio that the Clinton beat Trump! OK, Bill and Melania submitted cookie recipes (Bill, chocolate chip - Melania, sugar cookies) to some cooking rag and in their poll of readers, Bill beat Melania (1,500+ votes to 500+ votes).

Clearly, women prefer Bill's cookies... ;)

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
I don't think it'll be a landslide. The Dems are retarded and they love it. They'll vote for Hillary no matter what. It's an act of defiance.. "we can be as stupid, as racist, as sexist as we wanna be and fuck you Conservatards".

FTFY

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
https://theconservativetreehouse.co...osed-about-that-nbcwsj-clinton-11-point-poll/

lol - landslide.

Lets see, oversampling Ds, small sample side, in a poll run by a Hillary guy paid for buy a Hillary PAC. Yeah, nothing fishy there.

I can't imagine you're someone who's not rather experienced with being wrong. So have you ever reflected on those times, like how it felt when you were wrong all along but were so confident, and compared what you're doing now to those times?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
The only thing I care about is 2020 and unelecting whichever one gets the win. Never thought I'd see an election where I'd find even one of the major party candidates be completely unacceptable and now we have a single election where both are.

Reactions: Cozarkian