Will free TurboTax be available for us poor people again this year?

bigredguy

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2001
I remember last year there was a site where you could file for free if you made less than $26k or something. I looked and couldn't find it, was hoping someone might remember it.

Thanks

Gujski

Aug 3, 2001
last year i got turbo tax basic for 20 bucks. This year all i see anywhere is the deluxe for 40. wheres the 20 buck version at this year?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Gujski
last year i got turbo tax basic for 20 bucks. This year all i see anywhere is the deluxe for 40. wheres the 20 buck version at this year?
Forget turbo tax and its shenaningans. Go with taxcut standard for $10 from walmart.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Forget turbo tax and its shenaningans. Go with taxcut standard for $10 from walmart.

Its a seperate program?

Do you get to e-file with it, and have your return direct deposited?

Hmm.. So its true, they aren't offering the free web-based version this year?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Eli

Its a seperate program?

Do you get to e-file with it, and have your return direct deposited?

Hmm.. So its true, they aren't offering the free web-based version this year?

Any Tax S/w will allow you to E-file.
Driect deposit is available even without E-File.

The Free S/W & Filing is based on income and is not available yet. See referenced links

Gujski

Aug 3, 2001

thanks, i think i will check it out.