Will Bush be cheered tonite when he throws out the first ball at the Nats-Braves game?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
HAHAHAHAHA!

Bush cheered?
Oxymoron much?

If I lived in D.C. I would go to the game just to boo him.
If Bush became Commissioner of Baseball, I would become a hockey fan.

------------------------------------------
Trolling threads are not allowed - do it again and you get time off

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
They'll probably only let in card-carrying members of the RNC for tonight's game.

If anyone else shows up, they'll end up in a "Free Speech Zone" somewhere in Florida.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
As much as I loathe that sorry excuse for a man, I wouldn't boo him.

Despite allllll his failings and reprehensible qualities, I still have a minute amount of respect for his office.

No, it'd be more fitting if the whole place just went silent and remained seated until he left the field. Disasters don't deserve cheers.

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
Originally posted by: superstition
Despite allllll his failings and reprehensible qualities, I still have a minute amount of respect for his office.
Respect is earned, not given.

Wrong. Here in America the incompetent sons of former presidents are shoe ins for the highest office in the land.

Same goes for the incompetent wives of former presidents.

They are from our new political dynasties and deserve your support.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Sacrilege
Originally posted by: superstition
Respect is earned, not given.

Wrong. Here in America the incompetent sons of former presidents are shoe ins for the highest office in the land.

Same goes for the incompetent wives of former presidents.

They are from our new political dynasties and deserve your support.

see bolded.

yes, it's possible to show respect to the office without respecting the steward currently holding it.

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: BoomerD
They'll probably only let in card-carrying members of the RNC for tonight's game.

If anyone else shows up, they'll end up in a "Free Speech Zone" somewhere in Florida.

:thumbsup:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: BoomerD

It being the Washington Nationals there is always the possibility that no one will show up. At all.