Will Biden be the 46th or 47th President of the United States?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Will Biden be the 46th or 47th President of the United States?

• 46th

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • 47th

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Then let NY state lock him up for all the tax evasion he is being investigated for. Perhaps he could set up his presidential library in Rikers prison.

That's going to be one hell of a gunfight between the Secret Service and NYPD when they try to take him into custody.

• Haha
Reactions: pmv and jameny5

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Rikers isn't nearly secure enough. It's not a NY state prison but for NYC and houses low level offenders.

The most secure locations are like Attica and that makes sense if Trumpers decide to jailbreak Donnie as there's an entire CS gas system. A 6x9 cell and no bars to look out from and the only outside air is from a vent near the ceiling without a view. One hour of exercise a day is permitted with no one else around. As it is necessary to keep a President alive, the Secret Service can stand outside his prison space to guard him but contact would be forbidden. No electronic devices except for a radio and perhaps TV. No unmonitored communications including family and lawyers as he represents a national security risk.

This is the life he looks forward to.

It's unconstitutional to place someone in a pretrial conviction status in a state prison without exigent circumstances.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It's unconstitutional to place someone in a pretrial conviction status in a state prison without exigent circumstances.

Ok but I'm not sure I get your point. Trump will have a gag order and can be placed under house arrest for violations. If he doesn't stop then he can be jailed.

After a trial he goes to a place like Attica.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Ok but I'm not sure I get your point. Trump will have a gag order and can be placed under house arrest for violations. If he doesn't stop then he can be jailed.

After a trial he goes to a place like Attica.

House arrest and county jails are both examples of PRE-conviction detainment.

State and federal penitentiaries can only house people in a POSTCONVICTION status. Meaning they've had their day in court, and have been found guilty of one or more felonies.

It may seem like semantics, but the differences are profound.

Rikers island is a City/County jail, it is the only place that Donald Trump can be placed(other than house arrest) before he has his day in court. Pretty much a foregone conclusion he won't be charged with any federal crimes, so the federal detention center is not an option. That only leaves Rikers Island.

I still say the best option, would be for President Biden to grant the extradition order to Iran for him to face trial for murder. Am I the only one that remembers this?

Reactions: Hayabusa Rider

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump could resign & receive a pardon from Pence, which seems unlikely. Which is not to say that Pence would have any moral compunctions about doing so. Why, he'd be helping the President elect to heal the nation, a heroic act. It's more likely that he'll attempt a self pardon & slip away into exile before that bullshit proposition is repudiated by the SCOTUS. He probably doesn't want to stick around to deal with NYS, anyway.

Reactions: jameny5

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Cant tell.
Why would Pence pardon Trump once he was pres? It might be the setup but once with the actual power? It’d be suicide for Pence either way.... I dont see it.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Cant tell.
Why would Pence pardon Trump once he was pres? It might be the setup but once with the actual power? It’d be suicide for Pence either way.... I dont see it.

Why?

Because he's Trump's bitch.