Will Best Buy pricematch Amazon.com

pmoa

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2001
I haev heard stories of people pricematching with Amazon. I want to buy an LCD HDTV from Amazon and Best Buy has it for 350 bucks more. Will they price match Amazon.com

*UPDATE*

They pricematched Amazon.com on the LNT5271F 52" LCD. They didnt want to and gave me some BS line like they can only apply the sale price to the original price of 3899 and then 12% off...But then they changed their tune and "tried" to apply it to the sale price of 3049 and it went down to 2683. And after tax it was 2818....

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
I tried once and they said they only pricematch local B&M stores. They'll sometimes pricematch an online deal of a B&M store's website....but not something like Amazon.

Runes911

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
5 secs on google:

Does Best Buy match prices of Internet retailers?
If you made your purchase in a Best Buy store, and you find an Internet retailer with a local retail store honoring its own online prices, we'll match their price, plus 10% of the difference. Internet-only retailers are exempt from our price matching program, as well as Web-exclusive offers. Eligible items must be the same brand and model, and currently in stock at the competitor's store. For purchases made online at BestBuy.com, please refer to the Online Price Guarantee on BestBuy.com.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Why not just order from amazon. usually has free shipping and no sales tax for most.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: pmoa
I haev heard stories of people pricematching with Amazon. I want to buy an LCD HDTV from Amazon and Best Buy has it for 350 bucks more. Will they price match Amazon.com

Uh... why don't you just DO it, then? You'd rather pay taxes and gas?

pmoa

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

I guess you're right...sometimes the Samsung lnt5271f jumps up to 3899 in the store.... and amazon stays around 2699-2799

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yes they will. though they do not say it.

when i was looking for my big screen tv i found a model i wanted. BB had it for $2500. Amazon had it for $1900.

we talked to one person who said yes they will rpice match. we decided against getting it that day.

next day we went in an dthey said no.

we wen tin another day. while wondering around my wife was talking to the guy and told him she wanted the tv but seen it on amazonf or 1900 (think it was 1800+free shipping).

the guy said ok and we got it for amazons price.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

He wants the security of being able to return it locally.

pmoa

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2001
right....I know Best Buy's policy about being a local B&M, but I guess depends on the manager that is there that day. Plus, they have a better financing deal right now on TV's for 48 months interest free...I just wondering who had done it....

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Check with Sears. They pm 110% and if you use your Sears card give 5% back in a rebate(was 10%).

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: CraKaJaX
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
I've had guitar center match Amazon's price on headphones.

That's because Guitar Center >>>>>> Best Buy.

You don't even need to price match really, you can haggle at guitar center, they will drop prices on practically EVERYTHING in their store.

I dunno if I would say Guitar Center > Best Buy. But I don't particularly like or dislike either

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: oogabooga
Originally posted by: CraKaJaX
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
I've had guitar center match Amazon's price on headphones.

That's because Guitar Center >>>>>> Best Buy.

You don't even need to price match really, you can haggle at guitar center, they will drop prices on practically EVERYTHING in their store.

I dunno if I would say Guitar Center > Best Buy. But I don't particularly like or dislike either

You must have one hell of a GC then, as that's never happened to me.